Blackpool 2-2 Everton. Saturday 6th November @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think so. The back 4 as stayed the same basically for 3 seasons and the odd cock ups have lead to goals that have led to draws or losses...and dont forget howards howlers this season too...

Anyway...just saw the bit with cahill half arsed attempt at stoppin adam goin past him. Pathetic. If that was any other player like bilya or heitinga fans would be wantin them out the club by monday

Agree there, shockingly complacent from Cahill.

Watched taped delay today and just now getting around to commenting so here goes:

1) Hopefully Moyes learned today NOT to pull Heitinga (or Fellaini/Neville) when trying to get the win. I admire that he went for it but disagree with how he went about it. I'd have pulled off Cahill for Saha or Beckford. But pulling the DM wasn't the way to go.

2) ...and speaking of Beckford. Am I really reading on here that people want to get rid of him? Geez. I feel bad for any player who comes here and is expected to light it up out of the gate because if they don't, the "support" is gonna give it to him with both barrels. That goes for anyone. What is it about Evertonians and impatience with players producing? (Fellaini, Yak after his injury, Saha now, etc, etc....) Can anyone give me a good answer to that question?

3) Now, for my main issue which really hasn't been addressed to this point. What the heck was Howard doing setting up the wall and then covering the part of the goal BEHIND THE WALL? That isn't how it's done. Wall covers one part, you cover the other. If they bang it in over the wall, fair play to them. But this is another Howard mistake that has cost us and I'm going to say something I never thought I'd be saying. Time to give Mucha a shot right now. I don't think he's going to do worse right now and might actually do better. This has been Howard's worst year so far and he just isn't instilling confidence right now.

4) As someone said earlier, I'd be concerned if we weren't creating chances. We did but only a few went in. That's the way it goes. Hands up from those who thought we were just gonna go down there and steamroller them. I'm not surprised by the result in the least.

Watched taped delay today and just now getting around to commenting so here goes:

1) Hopefully Moyes learned today NOT to pull Heitinga (or Fellaini/Neville) when trying to get the win. I admire that he went for it but disagree with how he went about it. I'd have pulled off Cahill for Saha or Beckford. But pulling the DM wasn't the way to go.

2) ...and speaking of Beckford. Am I really reading on here that people want to get rid of him? Geez. I feel bad for any player who comes here and is expected to light it up out of the gate because if they don't, the "support" is gonna give it to him with both barrels. That goes for anyone. What is it about Evertonians and impatience with players producing? (Fellaini, Yak after his injury, Saha now, etc, etc....) Can anyone give me a good answer to that question?

3) Now, for my main issue which really hasn't been addressed to this point. What the heck was Howard doing setting up the wall and then covering the part of the goal BEHIND THE WALL? That isn't how it's done. Wall covers one part, you cover the other. If they bang it in over the wall, fair play to them. But this is another Howard mistake that has cost us and I'm going to say something I never thought I'd be saying. Time to give Mucha a shot right now. I don't think he's going to do worse right now and might actually do better. This has been Howard's worst year so far and he just isn't instilling confidence right now.

4) As someone said earlier, I'd be concerned if we weren't creating chances. We did but only a few went in. That's the way it goes. Hands up from those who thought we were just gonna go down there and steamroller them. I'm not surprised by the result in the least.

Unfortunately I agree here. Tim has cost us points recently, Mucha has looked solid in the couple of games he's had, maybe it is time to give him a run.

Unfortunately I agree here. Tim has cost us points recently, Mucha has looked solid in the couple of games he's had, maybe it is time to give him a run.

its a tough call.
Howard has more ability but is in a poor run of form this season.
Mucha deserves a chance of Howards is not performing, but Mucha isnt that good.

its a tough call.
Howard has more ability but is in a poor run of form this season.
Mucha deserves a chance of Howards is not performing, but Mucha isnt that good.

Well I'd agree in that I don't think he's better than Howard but Howard's current form doesn't tell me that we'd be giving much up to give it a try.

I dont want rid of him....but he's not good enough and doesnt suit the style of play.

Simples. He was free so Im not arsed.

Sorry bud - don't agree with you on this one. Mucha needs more playing time before he's randomly inserted, and although Howard was beat, i didn't think it was a brain fart or a major error. That ball was quick, and well hit. In the same game only 30 minutes later Howard made two very decent saves - including tipping a screamer over the crossbar. I'd say his skills stood up to the test just a little bit later in the same game. This game was not his fault - we didn't convert our many chances. Was it his best game ever? No. But his skills stood up to the test fine for me.

EDIT: Oh, and I don't see any lack of confidence in him from the other players. Lots of passes back still and no bad body language. That to me says tons.

Sorry bud - don't agree with you on this one. Mucha needs more playing time before he's randomly inserted, and although Howard was beat, i didn't think it was a brain fart or a major error. That ball was quick, and well hit. In the same game only 30 minutes later Howard made two very decent saves - including tipping a screamer over the crossbar. I'd say his skills stood up to the test just a little bit later in the same game. This game was not his fault - we didn't convert our many chances. Was it his best game ever? No. But his skills stood up to the test fine for me.

EDIT: Oh, and I don't see any lack of confidence in him from the other players. Lots of passes back still and no bad body language. That to me says tons.

Notice once again how MotD made it look like an even game? If anything they made it look like Blackpool had the more chances! Maybe if they didn't analyse the games to death afterwards they'd be able to show more - I want to watch football, not Hansen and Shearer telling us what we've already seen :dodgy:. That's why I like watching games on Football First. How I regret changing to BT Vision :(

Notice once again how MotD made it look like an even game? If anything they made it look like Blackpool had the more chances! Maybe if they didn't analyse the games to death afterwards they'd be able to show more - I want to watch football, not Hansen and Shearer telling us what we've already seen :dodgy:. That's why I like watching games on Football First. How I regret changing to BT Vision :(

Spot on.

MOTD coverage hardly showed our dominance down the right in the 1st half.

Status
Not open for further replies.