Blackpool 2-2 Everton. Saturday 6th November @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we just loan all of our promising youngsters to Blackpool then and let Holloway play 'em into Premiereship quality? Send the Baxter lid on up.

There's gonna be goals in this one boys. 3-2 good guys.

QUE? Pray do tell man.

beerhelmet.jpg

There the nuts!!!! Gunna get fukked up on Sat..

beerhelmet.jpg

I think a few people are completely underestimating Blackpool. Whilst I think they'll go down ultimately, they're still in their early season pomp (if not quite as much as they were a few games ago). This will be a tough game - I'd love to say we'll go there and breeze past them 3-0 but I can't see that happening at all. I think we'll nick it though. 2-1 Everton.

This is more like it, this is much more like it.

There was a whole range of reaction to the Stoke win from outright joy to relief to disappointment even, but to see us sat in seventh in the table post game was a much welcome relief and further proof that were starting to tick, like what we expected all along really.

While the embers are still glowing from bommy night we'll be playing the first visit in a long time to Bloomfield Road. At the start of the season you would have highlighted this for a straight three points, or JOL IN, but Blackpool (as many have done before them) have started the season well earning glowing words of praise such as plucky and spirited from the various red tops around this fine land.

And this fine land bears fruits galore in the Las Vegas of Lancashire, where the locals will be thinking it's bank holiday with the hordes of scousers descending on them, and choosing from row upon row of shitty B&Bs where you're half convinced the weird landlord is profiting off you by the hour on the secret webcam. That smoke alarm looks well weird lid.

Holloway has done a remarkable job when you consider the resources of the club and the type of player it can attract/pay. One in the eye for money men and long may it continue. The team has an attacking theme throughout and notably pulled some pants down at Anfield not so long ago so they won't be taken lightly. Coleman will make a welcome return after spending an impressive second half of season there and was speaking highly of the impact of Holloway on his development only last week. With Holloway, lets hope his possible migration into the All New Phil Brown curtails some time soon.

One thing that has been noticeable about the last few games for us, is the consistency and confidence in the entire back four. Phil Neville is playing as well as he has during his time here, Baines is just Baines and Jagielka is now looking like he trusts Distin and rightfully so, he has been excellent for a couple of games now. Long may it continue. Hopefully Coleman can improve from a couple of average games and get back to doing what he does best, running like a cumbersome enthusiastic dog at the full back. Other than that, Heitinga is doing his bit to negate the loss of Fellaini and the midfield are looking well, so you can't see any changes for this game. Oh and well in Yakubu, you've been missed mate.

So, with the current run you'd be looking at three points but this is a bit of a banana skin so it should pose an interesting game.

Near enough everyone has a Blackpool story, lets hope this one turns out one of the better ones.

I bet you wish you were there chico.

These seasiders really come at yuh.. Hopefully we can counter the [Poor language removed] out of their attack and nail 'em to the wall.

These seasiders really come at yuh.. Hopefully we can counter the [Poor language removed] out of their attack and nail 'em to the wall.

If we actually go for it we'll be the ones with the possession -- if we can get 70% at Villa, we can batter these. If we lay off them though, they might punish us.

The way to beat Blackpool is to simply outclass them. Like Arsenal, like Chelsea. Go head to head, with an equally attacking game, and the better players will shine. And of course we have the better players.

Status
Not open for further replies.