Managers within our reach

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is a fan accountable for a result. What are you suggesting they should be doing? I'm sorry, but you've lost me here completely.

It'd be nice if our fans actually got behind the team,like. I count us all in that.

I admit it's hard, but we're a gash fanbase, let's be honest. Understandably frustrated and disillusioned maybe, but also crap.

The saving grace is we're not as crap as the players and managers.

To a point, yes, agreed....the atmos at the ground is sometimes rotten, and I DEFINITELY think some of us need to have a big think into what our expectations are, in short; we're not as big as some portray us to be.

But SILVA, it seems, follows a method that simply doesn't work. Like Roberto to a point, they go with what they believe in and sometimes it works (in patches)...but mostly...well, look at us....and again to repeat...look at SILVA's record, the set-piece thing is agonising. How - as a pro - can he not consider a situation that needs addressing this clearly.

And that worries me.

And the season is cooked, again, in Feb.

I never got the knicker-flashing pursuit of him, and I get it less so now.

It's stick or twist time really.

And I LOATHE that we're becoming that kinda club TBH.

Pfffftttt....eff off Everton.

Hi Humble, haven't spoke in a while!

On the point in bold, I don't think it's stubbornness on Silva's part. He clearly sees it needs addressing, and he's clearly tried. It isn't working.

But while that's a worry in itself as to his ability as a coach, it also has - HAS - to be down to the players.

Silva doesn't make Keane make that stupid foul yesterday. He doesn't make Zouma constantly lose his men from crosses. He can only do so much. Whatever he's doing needs to be better, but the players are - honestly - crap.

It'd be nice if our fans actually got behind the team,like. I count us all in that.

I admit it's hard, but we're a gash fanbase, let's be honest. Understandably frustrated and disillusioned maybe, but also crap.

The saving grace is we're not as crap as the players and managers.

I don't like the scapegoating of players in a woeful team. Especially the treatment Davies gets. But booing the team off yesterday was justified imo.

I certainly don't feel like singing and jumping around with what I see on the pitch, so I don't blame the flat atmosphere. Although I've only been over 4 times this year, and am doubtful I will bother again. Big expense for a weekend to not actually enjoy the main reason I go. I might save my money for next season. Call me a bad fan or whatever lol

I don't like the scapegoating of players in a woeful team. Especially the treatment Davies gets. But booing the team off yesterday was justified imo.

I certainly don't feel like singing and jumping around with what I see on the pitch, so I don't blame the flat atmosphere. Although I've only over 4 times this year, and am doubtful I will bother again. Big expense for a weekend to not actually enjoy the main reason I go. I might save my money for next season. Call me a bad fan or whatever lol

Nah mate, not at all. I spent two seasons as a ST holder and got no rewards. It's crap. Obviously my work now would render a ST pointless.

I mean more the entire vibe around the club. Even when it's good, it's never good enough, and when it's bad, it's the end of the world.

Doesn't excuse the management or players, though.

Because we've had plenty of dull appointments based on previous experience in the league and they've all taken us backwards.

We're in a position where in my opinion, we can't fall much lower. Our position in English football hasn't been this low since Walter Smith. I don't want a bland flavour of the month appointment. People look on these sort of managers as safe but they arent really.

I see Arteta as the left field option with a potentially very high ceiling. I rate Pep as second only to Fergie. A born winner. You cant be around him for periods and not learn. Don't forget Arsenal saw something they liked in Arteta and were very close to appointing him. And I'm talking about Arsenal. A massive club in European football.

Clearly a gamble but a long term option with massive potential. He will give a morale boost short term. He will unify the club. He will understand that he needs to restore the fighting spirit we lack. But is working under the most intelligent progressive coach and would seek to implement that over time. He's a favourite and this would buy him patience, goodwill and above all, time. The next boss needs time.

I'm excited by him. It's a gamble obviously. But I wanna roll the dice.

Follow follow follow.

Second only to Fergie ? I’m that case we could appoint any of Bruce, Hughes, Kidd, keane, Phil and Gary Neville seeing as they spent so much time with ferguson

There were not that many of us left at the end to make much of a boo. I never boo anyway. The players walked straight off. The massive vocal support for Wolves was that for a newly promoted team enjoying every minute of it. Our crowd including me were frozen, demoralized and disillusioned. It is up to the highly paid athletes to enthuse the crowd and not be so gutless wearing our shirt.

Nah mate, not at all. I spent two seasons as a ST holder and got no rewards. It's crap. Obviously my work now would render a ST pointless.

I mean more the entire vibe around the club. Even when it's good, it's never good enough, and when it's bad, it's the end of the world.

Doesn't excuse the management or players, though.

That's part of the reason I'd consider Arteta. He changes the mood immediately and that will buy him time. The fact he was very close to the arsenal job makes me excited about him. I'm not normally one for this sort of appointment, but we need to think of the club as a whole, not just the football.

Oh... and he's learning from pep of course.

That's part of the reason I'd consider Arteta. He changes the mood immediately and that will buy him time. The fact he was very close to the arsenal job makes me excited about him. I'm not normally one for this sort of appointment, but we need to think of the club as a whole, not just the football.

Oh... and he's learning from pep of course.

Really though?
People still hate him for leaving - because footy fans in general are bad weirdos.

I think he'll go on to be a good manager but bloody hell, you know as well as me after 3 bad defeats it'd be the same again, mate.

It's a win win, how did you come to that conclusion exactly? Another relegated(oh sorry he was sacked first) manager
Ha ha I appreciate I'm stretching it a bit. I was just thinking out the box.

Win Win

I'll explain again...

If you look at Wagners History he was as highly thought of as Klopp at one point. He did well at Dortmund for example.

He was working with a team that was literally put together with next to nothing. It's a miracle he kept them up the year before.

We need a new fm direction desperately.

Mosh could pay off Silva and pay Wagner a small fee for 13 games. This would offset the financial loss somewhat.

You never know its possible he would do well. You cannot say for sure he definateky would not. If not we would get rid for nothing after season. It's a win win.

It's a pretty f*cked up concept but we are on a forum nonetheless.

Cheers :)

Really though?
People still hate him for leaving - because footy fans in general are bad weirdos.

I think he'll go on to be a good manager but bloody hell, you know as well as me after 3 bad defeats it'd be the same again, mate.

There aren't really that many who hate him. 99% blame Bill for that. I think he would get massive support. Anyone who still resents him leaving needs to grow up.

Ha ha I appreciate I'm stretching it a bit. I was just thinking out the box.

Win Win

I'll explain again...

If you look at Wagners History he was as highly thought of as Klopp at one point. He did well at Dortmund for example.

He was working with a team that was literally put together with next to nothing. It's a miracle he kept them up the year before.

We need a new fm direction desperately.

Mosh could pay off Silva and pay Wagner a small fee for 13 games. This would offset the financial loss somewhat.

You never know its possible he would do well. You cannot say for sure he definateky would not. If not we would get rid for nothing after season. It's a win win.

It's a pretty f*cked up concept but we are on a forum nonetheless.

Cheers :)

Certainly thinking outside of the box, I'll give you that. He'd be up against it from the off, not a chance the majority would want Wagner, we've done the 'potentially good' manager stuff and failed.

I don't where we go from here that's the truth, something runs deeper than the playing squad, just seems to be a toxic undercurrent at the club that we can't shake no matter who is manager or who the players are.

I think we should swerve Dutch managers and players, it's staggering how far the Dutch have fallen down the football rung. The Dutch systems used to be the blue print for footy and they produced streams of world class talent, what on earth has happened.

I blame osman and Brexit

Status
Not open for further replies.