Managers within our reach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you considered that premier league football is inevitably not always plain sailing? Some of the most successful managers have been given time

We've had top managers in Allardyce and Koeman - both with some sort of track record

Silva never had the track record but was brought in on the basis of potential. If people believe he has the raw attributes to be a success, then they need to be patient with him

I wouldn't have gone for Silva personally - and for the same reasons (lack of track record) I wouldn't go for someone like Fonseca

Rafael Benitez maybe - the track record is there. Oh, but of course the 'fans' wouldn't want him because he managed 'pool

But, the Silva choice was made and there should be some persistence / support

Have you considered that premier league football is inevitably not always plain sailing? Some of the most successful managers have been given time

We've had top managers in Allardyce and Koeman - both with some sort of track record

Silva never had the track record but was brought in on the basis of potential. If people believe he has the raw attributes to be a success, then they need to be patient with him

Christ.

Think this through financially and not emotionally. Mosh has jizzed his money wad over Bramley Moore. He's all tapped out guys. He ain't gonna start dippin into his personal fortune or take out more loans any time soon...

Therefore the cost to get rid of the steaming mess in charge now could be offset by giving a low wage to a trial manager for the next 13 games. Surely he would consider a nominal one off payment.

Enter WAGNER.

Like has been at one point he was very similar to Klopp back in Germany.He must have something.

He will be chomping at the chance to work with better players than at Huddersfield.

What have we got to lose. No manager of proven track record will come here. Its a win win. If we saw genuine progression we could then talk about hiring him.

We need fresh direction. Silva sticks to the same tired formation every week. WAGNER would seek to change this. This could be a genius move.

I agree with that mate, the problem is though, you can look at a young manager with no track record and go "Yeah, there is just something about him, something different from the norm, you can see he has a vision" but it's really hard to see that in Silva at this moment in time because he continues to play the same way week in, week out even though it's not working, and he's starting to look tactically inept.

Now I know we need to be patient (the end of the season, and the first 10 games of next season for me) but I can understand and respect why some lads want him gone now.

Last edited:
Top end -Mourinho Conte

Mid range- benitez

Bottom-howe Wagner

In all honesty benitez would be a good move a bit of organisation and structure in the side, good chance of a cup run

Imagine getting Wagner and having to endure a BBC exclusive pre-derby interview with him cuddling up to Klopp next to a open fire bromance - waxing lyrical about how much respect they have for each other...……….
No thanks
Klopp: “My little apprentice is now at a little club.”
Both start laughing uproariously, Klopp ruffles Wagner’s hair.
Wagner: “Good one boss!”

Think this through financially and not emotionally. Mosh has jizzed his money wad over Bramley Moore. He's all tapped out guys. He ain't gonna start dippin into his personal fortune or take out more loans any time soon...

Therefore the cost to get rid of the steaming mess in charge now could be offset by giving a low wage to a trial manager for the next 13 games. Surely he would consider a nominal one off payment.

Enter WAGNER.

Like has been at one point he was very similar to Klopp back in Germany.He must have something.

He will be chomping at the chance to work with better players than at Huddersfield.

What have we got to lose. No manager of proven track record will come here. Its a win win. If we saw genuine progression we could then talk about hiring him.

We need fresh direction. Silva sticks to the same tired formation every week. WAGNER would seek to change this. This could be a genius move.

It's a win win, how did you come to that conclusion exactly? Another relegated(oh sorry he was sacked first) manager

As maybe some of you know, I'm not biggest fan of Marco Silva, so I compiled a list of managers who are imo attainable by a club of our size and have better credentials than our current manager. I divided them by countries they're currently managing and there is a list of unemployed ones as well. There are lot of suggestions in other threads, so it would be better to keep it in one place.

PS I tried to keep it realistic so I didn't put the usual suspects like Mourinho, Blanc or Conte here as there's no way we could attract them. Moyes didn't make it as well ;)

Unemployed
Julen Lopetegui (last managed Real Madrid)
Peter Stoger (Borussia Dortmund)
Heiko Herrlich (Bayer Leverkusen)
Vincenzo Montella (Sevilla)
Gustavo Poyet (Bordeaux)
Phillip Cocu (Fenerbahce)

England
Eddie Howe (Bournemouth)
Rafael Benitez (Newcastle)
Marcelo Bielsa (Leeds)

France
Christophe Galtier (Lille)
Bruno Genesio (Lyon)
Thierry Laurey (Strasbourg) - impressive work with Strasbourg, he promoted them to Ligue 1 and they're sitting on 5th place with a League Cup final to follow.
Patrick Vieira (Nice)
Rudi Garcia (Marseille)

Spain
Jose Bordalas (Getafe)
Marcelino (Valencia)
Quique Setien (Betis)

Germany
Adi Hutter (Frankfurt)
Bruno Labbadia (Wolfsburg)

Italy
Gian Piero Gasperini (Atalanta)
Simone Inzaghi (Lazio)
Stefano Pioli (Fiorentina)

Other
Marco Rose (Red Bull Salzburg)
Giovanni van Bronckhorst (Feyenoord)
Steve Clarke (Kilmarnock)
Sergio Conceicao (Porto)
Lopetegui = suicide

We should have got Favre when we had the chance. Now he's out of our reach I would go for Gasperini. Lots of experience. Very successful at motivating players to reach their peak performance and tactically adept. Was it 3-0 at half time against us?

Status
Not open for further replies.