Managers within our reach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? We had a great offer for a 29 year DM that will never be replicated. He's now downing tools and is going to be an absolute liability from game to game. We also have a manager who is utterly out of his depth in this league and working with the calibre of players that he is doing so. Between 3 clubs in the PL there is absolutely no evidence that he can create a long termed push for success, he can't even address short term issues ffs. Him resigning and meaning we wouldn't have had to pay out compo on what is probably our worst manager since Mike Walker is an absolute win.

Silva will get us absolutely nowhere, we had the ability to cash out on Gueye who in all honesty, I don't think we'd miss as the rest of the team is that poor. Instead we're sat with a disgruntled player and a manager who cannot manage a club at all.

Stick to writing lists of fantasy Everton XI's Zat, when you talk about anything else, it's an (even bigger) embarrassment.

First of all, you have no idea if Silva made that decision - it's unlikely he did. Secondly, why are you acting like 29 is retirement age? He could easily play at this level for 3 or 4 years. We're not going to get anyone that is anywhere close to his standard on the last day of January.

Confirmation bias is a weird thing. Stop believing rumours. Or at least if you do believe rumours, don't only believe the ones that you agree with.

I just think managers with proven track records wouldn’t touch us right now no matter how much money we throw at them. Wagner at least came through the Dortmund system so I’d have more confidence that his teams would play decent football with more resources than, say, Dyche. His budget at Huddersfield was tiny.

But anyway I’m all for someone with a better record if we can get them.

Getting a manager who wins things might be more difficult, I'm not having that we can't do it given the money knocking about.

We DO need to stay away from blokes who are constantly avoiding or involved in relegation battles.

It's a completely different mind set and one we need to move away from, we don't need to 'survive' we need to start showing improvement.

It's a tough call. As we all seem to think this goes deeper than just the manager.

There are plenty of options in the Championship though - and for all the "well they only just stayed up / are going down" chat about Wagner, we are talking about Huddersfield here, a team which were flitting between the bottom of the Championship and League One and Two for most of the past forty years.

What he did there, with not very much money, was astonishing and was better than what Moyes did with Preston.

But Big Sam never got relegated with anyone and we don't want him back. Huddersfield are probably where they should be yes, but their performances are of a beaten club, Wagner couldn't motivate or improve crap players, what chance with our bunch or primadonas.

Their could well be managers in the Championship but it's not 'cool' to make such appointments. British managers aren't high on the list of premier league Chairmen.

I think a lot of blues need to take a rain check if they think the Mosh is about to get his cheque book out to get a top manager.

There are 2 problems with this hypothesis.

There is no money

A top manager would never come to us at this stage

There you go, swallow that bitter pill. It's the future I'm afraid. Time to adjust your expectations from top 6 challengers.

I won't though. I will continue to believe, maybe in naivety, there is lots more money to invest. Top 4 next year... ;)

Half my mates are Leeds fans and they say he's just as clueless as every other manager they or any other team has ever had.

Guess what - every club has dissenting fans that want a new manager and are never ever satisfied with what they have. If we keep changing managers every 12 months then we will never improve, it's fairly clear.
Watford changing managers literally every year and they're looking for their best finish ever.

But Big Sam never got relegated with anyone and we don't want him back. Huddersfield are probably where they should be yes, but their performances are of a beaten club, Wagner couldn't motivate or improve crap players, what chance with our bunch or primadonas.

Their could well be managers in the Championship but it's not 'cool' to make such appointments. British managers aren't high on the list of premier league Chairmen.

Big Sam only ever got three sides promoted though (as an aside, take a look at the season he got Notts County promoted - specifically the bottom five!), and all in circumstances that were far easier than the one Wagner faced.

I am not saying he would be the best appointment we could make, but he would not be the jarg some people appear to be claiming.

It would be a lot cheaper not to have a manager.
Seeing as how everyone on here is passionate about our club then we should have a vote each week as to the team and style/tactics for each game. Also vote on each transfer in/out.

Watford changing managers literally every year and they're looking for their best finish ever.

They don't have the same issues as us. They are not spending that much, expectations are low, the players are trying to put themselves in the shop window for bigger clubs. We need someone to take charge and build a team over 3 or so seasons. A mish mash of ideas will just pull us down.

They don't have the same issues as us. They are not spending that much, expectations are low, the players are trying to put themselves in the shop window for bigger clubs. We need someone to take charge and build a team over 3 or so seasons. A mish mash of ideas will just pull us down.
And that's it.
Once they come here they think they've made it.
No need to try anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.