Managers within our reach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah right - we are one of the top teams in one of the top leagues in the world. We are not at the top of the heap like City, Man Utd or Liverpool, but we are the tier just below.
We are a mid table team. That's the truth of it.
Picking managers with premier league experience has not worked at all.
Picking a manager from outside the Premier league bubble can't do any worse really

I feel like we need a manager with experience and a winning mentality. Our players look so ruderless and confused they need someone who commands respect. I liked the idea of someone like Silva building but we need to put some basics down now we just aren't good enough to be trying to be so open and play so much football. We need a manager who can make us tough to beat but also pressing and incisive in the attacking third. Make look to a German coach.
I honestly feel we are looking at the wrong attributes. What I feel we need is a hardworking coach with a vision and a forceful personality. Also someone with experience at building teams. If you only look at trophies won, then someone like Bobby Robson at Ipswich or Taylor at Watford would be overlooked.

What you need is someone who will be happy at Everton, would be satisfied to stay long term and build the side and not just see it as a stepping stone and who has solid experience at the top level.

Just looking at trophies won does not give you a full measure of a coach.

I mean in an actual ideal world he’s the dream.

But in reality, it has to be someone who has a track record of winning, shows a bit of passion but perhaps most importantly has proven that they can absolute piles of crap.

Sorry mate when I posted Simeone it was s a typo, I just meant Someone

He'd be perfect though wouldn't he mate, like he'd chin the players 20 minutes in for being too slow taking a throw in.

We are a mid table team. That's the truth of it.
Picking managers with premier league experience has not worked at all.
Picking a manager from outside the Premier league bubble can't do any worse really
Koeman and Silva are not what I would consider to be Premier League coaches. Both made their names outside the league. Martinez is the last guy with a good grounding in the English game after working his way up at Swansea then Wigan. It’s rarer to actually get a domestic manager than it is to get some bloke in from the continent now.

Koeman and Silva are not what I would consider to be Premier League coaches. Both made their names outside the league. Martinez is the last guy with a good grounding in the English game after working his way up at Swansea then Wigan. It’s rarer to actually get a domestic manager than it is to get some bloke in from the continent now.
They all came from the premier league.
There previous jobs were premier league. And were hired because of what they done in the Premier league.

I honestly feel we are looking at the wrong attributes. What I feel we need is a hardworking coach with a vision and a forceful personality. Also someone with experience at building teams. If you only look at trophies won, then someone like Bobby Robson at Ipswich or Taylor at Watford would be overlooked.

What you need is someone who will be happy at Everton, would be satisfied to stay long term and build the side and not just see it as a stepping stone and who has solid experience at the top level.

Just looking at trophies won does not give you a full measure of a coach.

Howe? He doesn't strike me as forceful though. And he turned down the job last year, but he would build the team. I don't disagree with you actually having won something isn't imperative for me its more a background of results and building teams. I don't see anyone of that ilk in this country. Germany seems to be the new place to look. Brands has a big job I hope he has a big list and we actually interview candidates this time.

Why Arteta mate?
Cool. Why? How's he done as a manager?

Because we've had plenty of dull appointments based on previous experience in the league and they've all taken us backwards.

We're in a position where in my opinion, we can't fall much lower. Our position in English football hasn't been this low since Walter Smith. I don't want a bland flavour of the month appointment. People look on these sort of managers as safe but they arent really.

I see Arteta as the left field option with a potentially very high ceiling. I rate Pep as second only to Fergie. A born winner. You cant be around him for periods and not learn. Don't forget Arsenal saw something they liked in Arteta and were very close to appointing him. And I'm talking about Arsenal. A massive club in European football.

Clearly a gamble but a long term option with massive potential. He will give a morale boost short term. He will unify the club. He will understand that he needs to restore the fighting spirit we lack. But is working under the most intelligent progressive coach and would seek to implement that over time. He's a favourite and this would buy him patience, goodwill and above all, time. The next boss needs time.

I'm excited by him. It's a gamble obviously. But I wanna roll the dice.

Follow follow follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.