Managers within our reach

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it seems a lot of the 'fans' are forcing their view on to the team / manager etc, whilst sitting back in the comfort of zero accountability themselves, or zero real thought about what's going on beyond what they see happening that day on the pitch. Time for the 'fans' to stand up and be counted!!

How is a fan accountable for a result. What are you suggesting they should be doing? I'm sorry, but you've lost me here completely.

I understand it also - why people would want him out

Ultimately I think there are more fundamental problems at Everton, akin to the England football team. Expectations are maybe too high and there seems to be a toxic culture within the fanbase

It's hard to really fault the choices Moshiri etc have made bringing in the managers they did - you could see the logic behind each. More money is being spent than ever before, but managers are being given no time or patience to get things right

Like I say, I wouldn't have hired him, but the best thing for Silva right now would be for the fans to be supportive to the end of the season - that will take pressure of him and the players and may have a positive effect. Otherwise, it's a downward spiral of negativity - compounded on each loss - inevitably he'll be sacked and another manager will need to be hired, but chances are they won't do any better

It seems that now, if we get anywhere close to mid table / top of the bottom half, then the axe looms. Moyes actually had several seasons close to relgation, or yoyoed between near relegation escapes and top half finishes, before getting into the groove of consistently good finishes. If he had joined today, he probably wouldn't have lasted more than a season or two...

I reckon it's been because of a few false dawns mate, and after all the millions we've spent since Moshiri came in, and the cack footy we're playing under an underwhelming Silva, it may feel like another one to some.

Agree - they weren't top, top. i.e. not won league championships. Maybe the answer then is to stop fannying around with second tier managers and put everything behind someone who's massively been there and done it. Jose Mourinho? ;-)

Our problem in the past has been ability to attract those top, top people. Success comes incrementally and is hard won over time

That should be the aim, but even if we couldn't attract them we should surely have atleast a proper recruitment policy?

We didnt interview anyone but Silva - a bloke who got relegated with Hull and sacked by Watford.

I mean how small time is that? this is Everton football club we are talking about - its just not good enough and im praying Brands gets to pick the next fella.

That should be the aim, but even if we couldn't attract them we should surely have atleast a proper recruitment policy?

We didnt interview anyone but Silva - a bloke who got relegated with Hull and sacked by Watford.

I mean how small time is that? this is Everton football club we are talking about - its just not good enough and im praying Brands gets to pick the next fella.
I agree we should be gunning for a world class manager, then get behind them with some support. The ride won't all be plain sailing, likely far from it

How is a fan accountable for a result. What are you suggesting they should be doing? I'm sorry, but you've lost me here completely.
The fact that fans are lost is part of the problem - they're showing up to the games, clueless about how they can have a positive influence on things. There's an opportunity here for a paradigm shift. In a world where 1% gains mean a lot, I reckon there's a good 50% improvement to be gained from the fans. It needs the right leadership / coordination - should be nicely doable in this social media age. Player psychology is the key thing. The reason England have struggled more than smaller nations is fear - put into them by the media / public. It's about building confidence and reducing fear - that is in part down to the manager, but the fans should be able to influence this

I thought we sounded out Fonseca?

I would never have been the player I was or scored the winner against Wimbledon in '93 without the love I had from the fans. How things have changed :-( Just think, without that and my goal, we could have been a Championship team ever since - goodness knows where we'd have ended up...

Fonesca doesn't have a world class track record!!

If we hire him - you and all the other 'fans' will be slagging him off within 6 months and crying for the axe once we go through a rough patch

It has to be someone who's won top leagues, seasoned in Champions League etc
Nah - just needs to be the right coach. But the old school gaffers are a dying breed and the game just seems full of chancers now.

Fans need to be held accountable for results in the same way that the players and management are

To a point, yes, agreed....the atmos at the ground is sometimes rotten, and I DEFINITELY think some of us need to have a big think into what our expectations are, in short; we're not as big as some portray us to be.

But SILVA, it seems, follows a method that simply doesn't work. Like Roberto to a point, they go with what they believe in and sometimes it works (in patches)...but mostly...well, look at us....and again to repeat...look at SILVA's record, the set-piece thing is agonising. How - as a pro - can he not consider a situation that needs addressing this clearly.

And that worries me.

And the season is cooked, again, in Feb.

I never got the knicker-flashing pursuit of him, and I get it less so now.

It's stick or twist time really.

And I LOATHE that we're becoming that kinda club TBH.

Pfffftttt....eff off Everton.

If Brands gets to make the call and Silva is sacked, almost inevitable that we will appoint Cocu

I think we should swerve Dutch managers and players, it's staggering how far the Dutch have fallen down the football rung. The Dutch systems used to be the blue print for footy and they produced streams of world class talent, what on earth has happened.

What an impressive list of (available??)names someone hooked out of the football whos who. Of no earthly use to us in February 2019 though.

To a point, yes, agreed....the atmos at the ground is sometimes rotten, and I DEFINITELY think some of us need to have a big think into what our expectations are, in short; we're not as big as some portray us to be.
This is a very interesting point - a BIG point

But mentioned in passing, then likely not addressed / swept under the carpet. This needs facing up to as IT'S PART OF THE PROBLEM - otherwise we'll be trapped in this cycle of hiring and firing

In a forum where any weaknesses is homed in on and dissected to the nth degree - this needs to be included. Fans need to look in the mirror and face up to themselves. And this is something that they can actually influence

Status
Not open for further replies.