Transfer Rumour Michy Batshuayi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most his goals are typical poacher efforts. We could use someone like that who can be in the right place at the right time..
There was a moment in one of our games recently, I think Brighton, where we were desperate for a goal and Bernard skipped into the box and did a beautiful cut back across the face of goal. Tosun and DCL both in the box and neither gambled on it. I think a poacher is exactly what we need and he’d get a lot of nice close range finishes with our attack

A player who scores plenty of goals against weaker sides is something we could do with, our strikers are all mid table championship quality at best.

Well looking at it this way we need someone on the team who can play up front so ricky can play out wide. Dcl and tosun have not proven themselves as a lukaku replacement. At a reasonable fee it is well worth the risk

There was a moment in one of our games recently, I think Brighton, where we were desperate for a goal and Bernard skipped into the box and did a beautiful cut back across the face of goal. Tosun and DCL both in the box and neither gambled on it. I think a poacher is exactly what we need and he’d get a lot of nice close range finishes with our attack

We've done that a few times this season, where Digne has floated a lovely ball right across the 6 yard box but theirs nobody there or at least no one taking a gamble and getting in there, happend against Leicester the other week towards the end of the game, I think Batshuyai would be a great fit for us

i don't think he is much good but knowing Everton we will buy him and keep him on the bench till the summer anyway with a sore wrist.
SWERVE!

....to be fair, Brands record in the transfer market so far is decent. I’ve always liked this fella, and we certainly need more than one decent CF to be competitive. Probably nothing in it but i’m encouraged if Brands/Silva want him.

14 mill does make it more palatable

Really don’t care how much players cost, whether they are bargains, whether we over spent. It’s not my money so it makes no difference to me. Just want the players to be good.
That said, 14 million does sound like good business :D

Yeah I can’t see that being incredibly unusual personally. I’m not totally convinced on the player but he’s an upgrade on what we’ve got . Whether he’d be worth the money is a question for others I suppose .

What makes you think that he is an upgrade? Is it the fact that Valencia think he is so crap that they binned him off half way through a loan? Or maybe it's his crap goal scoring record?

Status
Not open for further replies.