Transfer Rumour Michy Batshuayi

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes you think that he is an upgrade? Is it the fact that Valencia think he is so crap that they binned him off half way through a loan? Or maybe it's his crap goal scoring record?

I was hardly glowing in my endorsement but who are our current strikers ? Niasse is dreadful , DCL has some way to go and Tosun simply not done enough and seems isn’t fancied by the manager .

Clearly his Valencia record is poor , actually worse that I thought having had a look but at Dortmund and Marseille he did well and his international record isn’t bad at all . I don’t think it takes a lot to be better than what we’ve got . Ultimately if there is anything it I’ll take a better look at the player and whether he presents value but in my opinion we certainly need a striker and obviously it’s not our opinion that counts .

From what I can see this is Chelsea and his agent desperately trying to find a buyer for an inferior striker, the same as we are trying to do with Niasse. Let's not fall victim to this please. I'd rather we got some money in now and tried hard to get a striker in the summer. £14 million might not sound a lot, but imagine if there's some kid playing in the French 2nd Division who is amazing, we might well be able to sign him for £14 million.
Well @Zatara would be the man to find the wonderkid

I think if we bring him in and tosun goes back to turkey for similar fees its good business this month. We have prob to take bit of a hit on tosun. It hasnt worked out for him at premership level. Currently he is, for me still our best goal scoring option which doesnt say much

Maybe it's his better than 1 in 2 record for the current highest ranking national team in the world?

Maybe. But I think his poor club record and the fact that Chelsea are desperate to get rid of him indicates his lack of quality. I think we'd be asking for more than 14 million for Tosun.

I just want to see a realistic alternative that’s potentially as cheap, an upgrade, and would come.

I'd be an upgrade on what we've got, and I'm 36 unfit and haven't played in 7 years. I did once score for Nurney Villa B team against Burren Celtic in the Carlow under 18's league.

He strikes me as a massive tit and exactly the type of player who would sign in January, score some goals and then next September when he's away with the Belgian team start talking about how Everton is a great next step but he wants to be back in the Champions League yada yada yada. I just don't like his attitude. Typical Belgian.

That said if he scores goals we may have to think about it anyway. We don't exactly have a ton of those guys in the squad.

I think if we bring him in and tosun goes back to turkey for similar fees its good business this month. We have prob to take bit of a hit on tosun. It hasnt worked out for him at premership level. Currently he is, for me still our best goal scoring option which doesnt say much

Tosun is crap, but I don't think he is so crap that clubs would be sending him home half way through a loan deal.

Maybe. But I think his poor club record and the fact that Chelsea are desperate to get rid of him indicates his lack of quality. I think we'd be asking for more than 14 million for Tosun.
Yep because Chelsea are fantastic at spotting talent. Hes not ideal but we cant continue with what we have got up top.

Some unbelievable shouts in here.

Pienaar, Arteta and Howard to name a few were all picked up on the back of poor form because we saw diamonds in the rough (and it meant we got them on the cheap). I’ve seen one post in here about taking chances on young strikers from French Ligue 2 over Michy?!

He got 9 in 14 for Dortmund (and I refer you to those wetting themselves over Haller links if you want to give it “it’s a crap league), and better than 1 in 3 for Chelsea even though I’d imagine a large proportion of those appearances were as sub.

He’s young and already has PL experience. He plays with some of the best players in the world at international level. I personally think we’d be mad to pass him up at the reported price, and even at a price a few mil above it.

Status
Not open for further replies.