Transfer Rumour Michy Batshuayi

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was signed to be our first choice long-term striker solution, this'd be a terrible move that would rightly call into question the level of ambition in transfer policy.

If, however, we're planning to have a serious striker clear-out, selling everyone we've got in that position (Tosun, Niasse and DCL) by the end of August and Batshuayi will be joined by another, more ambitious signing by September, then great.

If we're planning the aforementioned clear-out and Batshuayi is being brought in to challenge Richarlison, who'll be played as a striker long-term, then I think that's a gamble.

Was hoping our new improved scouting network would find better tbh. Feels like the sort of signing we’d have made under Walsh for a ridiculous fee.

He looked great in Germany but from what I've read he's just been causing trouble at Valencia?

If we can get him at 14 million and decent wages AND offload Niasse on a perm and at least two others from the deadwood list I'd be for it. Otherwise I see no reason to increase the bloat on an already bloated team for a guy that isn't about to turn into the next Lukaku anytime soon. I'd actually prefer we bought Zouma outright and loaned this guy.

What makes you think that he is an upgrade? Is it the fact that Valencia think he is so crap that they binned him off half way through a loan? Or maybe it's his crap goal scoring record?

Maybe it's his better than 1 in 2 record for the current highest ranking national team in the world?

From what I can see this is Chelsea and his agent desperately trying to find a buyer for an inferior striker, the same as we are trying to do with Niasse. Let's not fall victim to this please. I'd rather we got some money in now and tried hard to get a striker in the summer. £14 million might not sound a lot, but imagine if there's some kid playing in the French 2nd Division who is amazing, we might well be able to sign him for £14 million.

Was hoping our new improved scouting network would find better tbh. Feels like the sort of signing we’d have made under Walsh for a ridiculous fee.
You have a point, Brands doesn't leak to the pres, if we get anybody, I reckon it will come left field and nobody will have anticipated it. At least that's the perception I have of Brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.