January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

This goon at it again. Am sure that’s a stock photo he’s using for his profile pic.

Heard some say he’s got a fair bit right, there’s also a fair bit of wham in his timeline.

One to keep a watch on for sure.

I am sure he is attempting to be clever with our rumoured attempts to sign the Wilmar guy.

Fred and Wilma in midfield for Everton, hilarious isn’t it.

Nearly as funny as someone saying playing Beni there if we sell Gana?

That account is 100% wham all the time but no I would not take Fred on loan because he is utterly terrible and if we somehow made him not terrible he would just go back to United.

That account is 100% wham all the time but no I would not take Fred on loan because he is utterly terrible and if we somehow made him not terrible he would just go back to United.

Absolutely this.

We must forge an impression that we’re targeting players that will improve THEIR team Instead of contributing funds to let them get stronger and stronger.

Look at Eder Militao, a year younger and can play CB and RB + apparently now the elite sides are after him...

The difference is that Wan Bissaka is rated as the best RB in the premier league this season (Digne is the best LB) and so already proven.

Are they worth the money? Who knows but what i will say is that Silva's style of play is reliant on the full backs getting up and down the pitch so we really do need top quality there.

If you had £90mil would you sign both of them to sort out the RCB and RB positions ? If not what are the better options of similar age who could improve to be the best around?

I would just pay it. Guaranteed quality for years to come. We all thought the Pickford fee was overpriced at the time

We do need to be looking to do something in January now really.

That full FA cup draw has really opened this competition up to us and we need to strengthen based on the fact that Marco looks to be going all out for it and we could actually win it.

I’m confident we will.

Yes they have a brilliant team atm. The Genk way: they'll probably become champion, then they'll sell all their good players. Embarrass themselves in the CL (since all the good players are gone and have been replaced by young talents that are not yet ready to perform), and start building a team again (-mind you they've started to become more successful in recent years, they win something every +- 5 years now).

They have a brilliant youth/scouting system; only in recent years: Milinkovic Savic, Koulibaly, Bailey, Casteels, Courtois, KDB, Benteke, Ferreira-Carrasco before he headed to Monaco(I hope he gets back and revives his career like Witsel did), Ndidi etc... Oh and they are a very well run club, always a profit.

Miles better than the current setup at RSCA, in the scouting department. Their new technical director is Arnesen, apparently he wants to attract some Celtic scouts. Please don't. They had one of the best, but they disrespected him and now he's at Ajax ...

Tbf it's the same for almost all Belgian/Dutch clubs on a European level; Genk is usually just a bit more extreme. You can't keep the team together long enough, not to embarrass yourselves in the CL- apart from the occasional surprise. Still amazed that Brugge managed to keep most of their good players for longer than one season, after they started to perform. They've even rejected a 25 million € bid for Wesley this transfer period - a more credible explanation is that Wesley just doesn't want to go to China. Usually it's okay for the EL. It's like trying to break into the top six in the PL, virtually impossible on a consistent basis.

Great analysis; I really enjoyed watching Genk last/this season when they’ve been on TV. I guess the ability to take risks on foreign youngsters really helps in “lesser” leagues like that. Seems a little like Monaco-lite but with less on the line.

Anderlecht seem like a total mess now compared to how they were in the past. Brugge will get stripped for parts in the Summer won’t they.

.....it’s day 8 of the January window, and here’s Tuesday’s Toffee transfer rumours;

- The Liverpool Echo report Everton Manager, Marco Silva will only push to bring in players this month if any of his long-term transfer targets are available.

- Argentinian newspaper, El Dia, continues the Everton links to Wilmar Barrios suggesting the Toffees are willing to ‘pay a fortune’ for the Boca Juniors midfielder. They say Boca Manager, Gustavo Alfaro already has a replacement in mind.

- According to French outlet Telefoot, Everton midfielder, Idrissa Gueye is close to agreeing personal terms ahead of a move to PSG.

- The Liverpool Echo say Everton have no intention of cutting short Sandro Ramirez’s loan move to Real Sociadad. Ramirez has made just 4 starts in all competitions and is yet to score a goal for the Spanish club.

- Bolton News suggest Everton loanee, Joe Williams, could be the next player to leave the club. Bristol Live reckon Bristol City are close to signing the 22 year old for the rest of the season unless an Achilles injury is worst than thought. Williams has a January release clause in his contract amidst reports he is not being paid on time by Bolton.

- The Evening Standard report Crystal Palace are ready to turn their attention to Everton striker, Oumar Niasse, after their pursuit of Dominick Solanke failed when he moved to Bournemouth.

- Various outlets pick up on yesterday’s stories linking the Toffees with a move for Sporting Lisbon midfielder, Bruno Fernandes, and summer target in Atalanta defender, Gianluca Mancini.

we’re in a really awkward position. We aren’t in trouble so we don’t need to panic and it’s unlikely we’ll be able to buy a player this window to take us to the next level so who ever we buy just keeps us ticking over. Tosun and Walcott did that last year and now they’re both poor and in reality we don’t need short term boosts like that. We desperately need a proper striker, a new RB and another midfielder and we’re unlikely to get players better than what we have without paying over the odds this month. If we made Gomes permanent and maybe got a striker on loan with the promise that in the summer we make up for it I’d be ok with that.

we’re in a really awkward position. We aren’t in trouble so we don’t need to panic and it’s unlikely we’ll be able to buy a player this window to take us to the next level so who ever we buy just keeps us ticking over. Tosun and Walcott did that last year and now they’re both poor and in reality we don’t need short term boosts like that. We desperately need a proper striker, a new RB and another midfielder and we’re unlikely to get players better than what we have without paying over the odds this month. If we made Gomes permanent and maybe got a striker on loan with the promise that in the summer we make up for it I’d be ok with that.

I'd agree pretty much with this.

Beyond possibly a striker on loan, the only other thing that could happen I think is having to replace gana if the psg stuff is true.

Wouldn't be a disaster either, good profit on an ageing player and we should be able to get a replacement cheaper than what psg are prepared to pay us, i.e. Barrios/thiago mendes (can't see us getting doucoure in January if at all).

I'd agree pretty much with this.

Beyond possibly a striker on loan, the only other thing that could happen I think is having to replace gana if the psg stuff is true.

Wouldn't be a disaster either, good profit on an ageing player and we should be able to get a replacement cheaper than what psg are prepared to pay us, i.e. Barrios/thiago mendes (can't see us getting doucoure in January if at all).

Can we not tempt them to take Schneirderlin instead :(

Have PSG got any central mids we could loan? If we sell Gana we need two players because we need back up for him as it is.

-The Liverpool Echo say Everton have no intention of cutting short Sandro Ramirez’s loan move to Real Sociadad. Ramirez has made just 4 starts in all competitions and is yet to score a goal for the Spanish club.

What an utter donkey.

Bafflingly awful player. Still astonishes me how bad he is, I never saw it coming, it's proper blindsided me.

Status
Not open for further replies.