Status
Not open for further replies.
Barrios linked on twitter

Fernandes linked £35mil

Malcom linked as a loan

Wan Bissaka quoted at £45mil

Theyre the current rumours...

The Wan Bissaka price is just stupid.

Look at Eder Militao, a year younger and can play CB and RB + apparently now the elite sides are after him...

The difference is that Wan Bissaka is rated as the best RB in the premier league this season (Digne is the best LB) and so already proven.

Are they worth the money? Who knows but what i will say is that Silva's style of play is reliant on the full backs getting up and down the pitch so we really do need top quality there.

If you had £90mil would you sign both of them to sort out the RCB and RB positions ? If not what are the better options of similar age who could improve to be the best around?

I think if the quoted price for Wan Bissaka is £45mil then we could look to offer £25mil + Niasse and McCarthy.

That would be an exciting signing.

The problem is Wan Bissaka is utterly terrible going forwards.

And Millitoaooaoao is a CB playing fullback, so will also be crap going forward.

I think if the quoted price for Wan Bissaka is £45mil then we could look to offer £25mil + Niasse and McCarthy.

That would be an exciting signing.
Yeah, no. I like the kid, but he's not that good. At least not yet. We've got plenty other issues that I can solve and improve us dramatically with 45M.

Copying and pasting because it's from the s#um, Tim Vickery:

"The 25-year-old Colombian is a feisty character. But, in two and a half years at Boca, this was his first red card. His absence in the final half hour only served to underline his importance. Without his covering and his tackling, his midfield presence and leadership, it was much easier for River Plate to take the initiative and go on to win the biggest game in the history of this epic Argentine rivalry.

And it could be one of the last times that Barrios is seen in a Boca shirt. He is an obvious candidate for a move to Europe and Premier League clubs, especially Tottenham, are said to be interested. The appeal is clear. There is something of the young Javier Mascherano in Barrios. Quick across the ground, sharp in the tackle, quick with his distribution – his passing may not quite be in the class of Mascherano, but he is safe enough – the occasional card is a fair price to pay for the virtues of such a defensive midfield dynamo.

Barrios does not live up to Mascherano’s world class passing Barrios, from Cartagena up on Colombia’s Caribbean coast, grew up the hard way. He wandered the buses selling sweets. He was taken to Tolima, a first division club in Colombia, where he made his debut at 19 and was team captain by the age of 21. Boca took him to Buenos Aires in the middle of 2016. This was a big jump, but Barrios did not even blink.

He soon made himself an indispensable member of the starting line-up, and the fans quickly took to him. Boca have a working class, sweat and sacrifice ethic, and the little big man act of Barrios in the heart of midfield left them in raptures. They could all see themselves represented by the way that he went about his business – and Premier League fans may end up feeling the same way about him. Wilmar Barrios may not have brought the 2018 Copa Libertadores to Boca. But he played a big role in the league title wins of 2016/17 and 17/18. "

Go on then £45mil what would you do?
I certainly wouldn't spend it on Wan Bissake. Don't get me wrong, I've sadly watched Palace a couple times this year and he stood out, but 45M? He's very unproven and I would think we could get more quality at other positions.

First I'd sell Oumar for 8M and try and sell McCarthy/Morgan, as well as any of the other clowns we have.

Then what...I'd then be tempted to spend it all on Chiesa if he'd come, honestly. He'd be at least 60M, but he's about the most entertaining player I have seen in quite some time.

Maybe I'd try and sign Lozano and Willan Jose to play CF. Could send DCL out on loan. If I could get Doucoure and Lozano, I'd do that as well and go with RIchy up top.

If I'm going to go get a right back, gotta think about that one. They'd have to be a pretty good attacker as well as someone that could take care of the ball. Ideally wouldn't want a midget, either. Kenny Tete really impressed me a couple weeks ago playing against Monaco. William from Wolfsburg is a player I like a bit.

There are lots of talented right backs out there that would be a lot cheaper. Lazaro from Hertha? Fabricio Bustos is a midget, but interesting. Point I'm trying to make is that there are a lot of intiquing right backs out there playing well in other leagues that wouldn't cost half of 45M.

Status
Not open for further replies.