January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's been the best we've found in recent years at playing that position. We've spent a lot of money to come to that conclusion and still have much of the detritus on the books to show for it; Besic, McCarthy, Schneiderlin. He's played well as a foil for Gomes this season. All positives.

However. If he wants to go to PSG (as you'd expect him to) and if PSG want to spend silly money, then we need to take it. Especially if the trust is placed in Brands to find a replacement; be that now or be that in the summer.

I'd like to think that the same James McCarthy who covered every blade of grass for Everton when Martinez signed him is still there - probably not though. But even if plays and has a couple of decent performances it will make him more appealing to other potential suitors.

Very good, but max rep for use of detritus

Isn't that what Marcel Brands is doing ?.. looking for new players.

It isn't as if there are only so many players of a type in football and they are not making any more.
There are always players coming through and somewhere in football around the world the next batch of superstars are coming through.. all we have to do is find them before they do cost silly money.
We just don't seem to get close to signing one, hopefully Brands can work his magic but I'm not going to hold my breath.

This goon at it again. Am sure that’s a stock photo he’s using for his profile pic.

Heard some say he’s got a fair bit right, there’s also a fair bit of wham in his timeline.

One to keep a watch on for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.