January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think I finally found an answer to the loan conundrum on The Guardian!

"Loan rules differ in the Premier League, where only one player from the same club is permitted at a time. Clubs are also allowed a maximum of only two domestic loans at a time. Yet there is no limit on international loans, which means a struggling Premier League club can transform its starting XI in January without making a permanent signing. Two years ago Hull brought five players in on loan and almost survived."

I think we can loan 2 players from Barcelona comfortably.
I recall Neil Warnock having a go about it on sky recently, he was saying how mad it is that he could bring in ten loans from abroad, but can only offer a loan to one English kid who is rotting on the bench of their prem club.

Benefits to selling Gana

1 - Get a good fee for a 29 year old

2 -- Bring in a better player (trust brands)

3 -- Move towards silvas desired formation

4 -- Bed a new player in early for next season

5 -- Less of a rebuild to do in the summer

Negative of selling Gana

1 -- Its midway through the season and a new player may need time to adapt.

2 -- Gana is a tireless worker and unquestionably good teammate in a side with a ton of passengers and baggage over the last couple of years

Not against selling a 29 year old for a good fee but it bears discussing what he brings that may or may not be replaced easily. Confidently saying Brands will improve on him (both in ability and in intangibles) is great and I hope it occurs but we have a habit of throwing 100% confidence into a manager/player/director/owner and then being convinced 2 weeks later that they're liabilities.

Well i said we should go for Torreira last summer before he suddenly went to Arsenal.

I reckon Brands can pick out someone just as good.

Torreira second only to Veratti for me in that combative midfield / passing ability role - would have been a great signing. Not keen on Barrios at the moment, think Lerma is the better of the two and he has hardly set the prem alight

I recall Neil Warnock having a go about it on sky recently, he was saying how mad it is that he could bring in ten loans from abroad, but can only offer a loan to one English kid who is rotting on the bench of their prem club.

yeah I head that on talksport, seems mental we can't help home grown talent more with our loan deals in the prem. just seems l ike a mental rule if you ask me

Tottenham willing to let dembele go in this window. Would be ideal for us.

Him or wanyama but I think both are equally crocked hence why they want rid. I really like both, but think spurs would try and rinse anyone for dembele whereas they wouldn't do it for wanyama.

I think letting gueye go would be a massive mistake, I don't understand how our fans constantly forget how dire we are without him. I understand that we'll never get another good deal for him after this window, but if we're not planning on buying someone who can win the ball back for us then it'd be suicide on the same level of lukaku without a replacement.

Gana is one of them players that you don’t realise how important he is to the team untill he’s gone. £30m and its a deal from me though

He's been the best we've found in recent years at playing that position. We've spent a lot of money to come to that conclusion and still have much of the detritus on the books to show for it; Besic, McCarthy, Schneiderlin. He's played well as a foil for Gomes this season. All positives.

However. If he wants to go to PSG (as you'd expect him to) and if PSG want to spend silly money, then we need to take it. Especially if the trust is placed in Brands to find a replacement; be that now or be that in the summer.

I'd like to think that the same James McCarthy who covered every blade of grass for Everton when Martinez signed him is still there - probably not though. But even if plays and has a couple of decent performances it will make him more appealing to other potential suitors.

Yes let’s sell all our best players and replace them with youngsters who have “potential”. We all of course know that all young players reach their potential within a season and they all automatically come good. I can’t believe all the other teams don’t do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.