January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Gomes helped us get results lately? Has Richarlison?

He's extremely useful. Think how well he was playing in our good run. Was absolutely key to our high press and getting into teams in midfield.

The focus is always on what he can't do.

Possibly because I repeatedly see him give the opposition possession in dangerous areas because somehow he passes worse than even me.

It’s being discussed now because apparently (they haven’t) PSG are offering a ludicrous sum for him. Hence the hypothetical “who do we replace him with” discussions.

Relax pal, you’re getting a bit irate over it.

Not at all, just baffled by the apparent eagerness to actively sell our best players. Is it so we can moan about how crap we are for longer?

I know you know your stuff on Euro footy and random players. Would back your opinion to be spot on. But if we take this risk - which just seems silly, it's not like we need the money - in the middle of the season, then more fool us.

Possibly because I repeatedly see him give the opposition possession in dangerous areas because somehow he passes worse than even me.

He made 100 successful passes the other day. He failed 11 of them.

Against Leicester, he made 95 attempted passes (again a team high - which is the problem, that should be Gomes), 75% accuracy, with 60 of those passes in Leicester's half (a team high). Also highest for tackles, possession gained and interceptions in both games.

Not at all, just baffled by the apparent eagerness to actively sell our best players. Is it so we can moan about how crap we are for longer?

I know you know your stuff on Euro footy and random players. Would back your opinion to be spot on. But if we take this risk - which just seems silly, it's not like we need the money - in the middle of the season, then more fool us.

Yeh like I say, they haven’t and won’t bid that, it’s absolute jargon. They may lose Rabiot this window but they still have a ton of midfielders.

I think he needs to not be the pivot in our team but unfortunately at the minute he has to be. He needs a Jorginho type to be deeper and let him just run around harassing.

Against Leicester, he made 95 attempted passes (again a team high - which is the problem, that should be Gomes), 75% accuracy, with 60 of those passes in Leicester's half (a team high). Also highest for tackles, possession gained and interceptions in both games.

Number of passes and % complete is good BUT it only takes one bad pass to concede. He gave it to their strikers twice on Saturday running at our defenders. Better teams would have punished that.

Yeh like I say, they haven’t and won’t bid that, it’s absolute jargon. They may lose Rabiot this window but they still have a ton of midfielders.

I think he needs to not be the pivot in our team but unfortunately at the minute he has to be. He needs a Jorginho type to be deeper and let him just run around harassing.

It's come from teams figuring out that they need to put two or three men on Gomes and Gylfi, mate. It leaves Gueye with most of the ball. So yes, when he's having to try and get us forward I readily accept he's hugely frustrating.

But Gomes needs to up his game again, same with Gylfi. There's reasons for their poor form which aren't all their doing too, just like Gana. When it worked earlier in the season, it worked well. Gana did his thing, Gomes did his. We need to get back to that.

Number of passes and % complete is good BUT it only takes one bad pass to concede. He gave it to their strikers twice on Saturday running at our defenders. Better teams would have punished that.

I agree, he messed up. His passing should be better. I don't know what it is with him. Sometimes he picks out worldies, other times he is hugely sloppy.

But Gomes' passing accuracy was lower, with a lower number of passes. And that was from around an equal amount of 'forward' passes (I don't have the numbers, just the percentages).

It's come from teams figuring out that they need to put two or three men on Gomes and Gylfi, mate. It leaves Gueye with most of the ball. So yes, when he's having to try and get us forward I readily accept he's hugely frustrating.

But Gomes needs to up his game again, same with Gylfi. There's reasons for their poor form which aren't all their doing too, just like Gana. When it worked earlier in the season, it worked well. Gana did his thing, Gomes did his. We need to get back to that.

They're knackered. 8 games in 4 days isn't easy.

Gana passes backwards every time tho , if he had a chance to play a through ball he’s still do a 180 and pass to the cb

Whether that's the case or not, I don't see Gueye throwing his dummy out either way.
I'd also doubt it, but you never know once the player finds out another club is willing to double his wages if he throws in a transfer request. But he doesn't appear to have that kind of character.

Has Gomes helped us get results lately? Has Richarlison?

He's extremely useful. Think how well he was playing in our good run. Was absolutely key to our high press and getting into teams in midfield.

The focus is always on what he can't do.

He played well but he still gave the ball away far to much. I'd say richarlison and siggurson were more key to our high press than gana. The stat that we won the ball back in the final third more then any other team in the leauge before December would back that up.

Gana is good at one thing, very good in fact but his weakness our highlighted in a side that want to play on the front foot. When we play defensively he is at his best but unfortunately for him we only really need to play that way away from home at the top few teams.

I don't believe he works in silvas style of play. So if we can sell him and get someone who does suit that style I'd say do it.

Can the transfer window close so we can get back to putting everyone else on the transfer list after every bad game. I enjoy that more.

Status
Not open for further replies.