January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone

Has Gueye gone yet?

Can't be arsed to read the rest of the thread, but if PSG want to give us PSG money for him then it's a no-brainer for me as we look to rebuild the squad.

Rebuild in he summer, not in the middle of the season.

When wouldn’t it be worth it?

In the middle of the season and asking a player who probably wouldn't be of guaranteed quality (because they probably won't be available in the middle of the season, like) to come in and fill the void. And if that goes tits up we're left with Davies, Schneiderlin or McCarthy (if he hasn't disappeared by then).

Aye, let's bin Gana off and go get a lad who plays for a team at the bottom of the Bundesliga.

Ambishunnnn.

For the record, I haven't got a clue if Ascacibar is any good. But to me, doing that in the middle of a season that is in the balance is an unnecessary risk.

Rebuild in he summer, not in the middle of the season.

I'm not advocating rebuilding in January. I'm advocating taking the money for Gueye from PSG whilst it's on offer.

Whoever we sell or sign in the next 30 days, we're still going to finish in roughly the same position. There's a lot of work for Brands to do to clear the chaff from the squad which will begin to push the process forward.

I'm not advocating rebuilding in January. I'm advocating taking the money for Gueye from PSG whilst it's on offer.

Whoever we sell or sign in the next 30 days, we're still going to finish in roughly the same position. There's a lot of work for Brands to do to clear the chaff from the squad which will begin to push the process forward.

I'd say we're more likely to finish 7th - supposedly the determining factor for people when they decide if they're going to back Silva this year - with Gana in the team than without, though.

In the middle of the season and asking a player who probably wouldn't be of guaranteed quality (because they probably won't be available in the middle of the season, like) to come in and fill the void. And if that goes tits up we're left with Davies, Schneiderlin or McCarthy (if he hasn't disappeared by then).

He never posed a name in his hypothetical situation but I presume he means replace Gana with a good and effective replacement. Otherwise it would be a pointless hypothetical question.

Middle of the season means nothing anyway. The rest of it and the FA Cup doesn’t hinge on Gana being on the pitch.

I genuinely don't know how you can say this unless your mystic meg.

He never posed a name in his hypothetical situation but I presume he means replace Gana with a good and effective replacement. Otherwise it would be a pointless hypothetical question.

Middle of the season means nothing anyway. The rest of it and the FA Cup doesn’t hinge on Gana being on the pitch.

Surely you can acknowledge that having a player fully accustomed to life in the PL - and the best at what he does, backed up by stats - is useful, like.

Aye, let's bin Gana off and go get a lad who plays for a team at the bottom of the Bundesliga.

Ambishunnnn.

For the record, I haven't got a clue if Ascacibar is any good. But to me, doing that in the middle of a season that is in the balance is an unnecessary risk.
To me it depends what the club's target is this season. If they really want to go for seventh then Gueye shouldn't be sold unless it's a crazy offer or we have a replacement lined up (same with any player). If the club is aiming for a steady season and a cup run (could be - they seemed happy to just stay in the league last season when we had over 20 games left) then he could be sold I guess. We ain't getting relegated, even if Tom Davies plays the rest of the games in midfield.

What you didn't consider is if Gueye has told the club he wants to leave. In that case we have to simply get as much cash as we can and let him go. One bad apple could poison the entire squad.

I never even said do it in January.

If he goes in the summer and we get time to replace properly, don't really have as much of an issue. It'd still be stupid, I think, because he's a good player, but business sense dictates it could be a good move.

But selling Gana now, which is what we're seemingly discussing (?) would be a needless risk IMO. Unless we pull a rabbit out of the hat and have Doucoure - a player equally as settled in the PL - or the like coming in, and even they wouldn't be as good defensively as Gana is.

To me it depends what the club's target is this season. If they really want to go for seventh then Gueye shouldn't be sold unless it's a crazy offer or we have a replacement lined up (same with any player). If the club is aiming for a steady season and a cup run (could be - they seemed happy to just stay in the league last season when we had over 20 games left) then he could be sold I guess. We ain't getting relegated, even if Tom Davies plays the rest of the games in midfield.

What you didn't consider is if Gueye has told the club he wants to leave. In that case we have to simply get as much cash as we can and let him go. One bad apple could poison the entire squad.

Whether that's the case or not, I don't see Gueye throwing his dummy out either way.

If he goes in the summer and we get time to replace properly, don't really have as much of an issue. It'd still be stupid, I think, because he's a good player, but business sense dictates it could be a good move.

But selling Gana now, which is what we're seemingly discussing (?) would be a needless risk IMO. Unless we pull a rabbit out of the hat and have Doucoure - a player equally as settled in the PL - or the like coming in, and even they wouldn't be as good defensively as Gana is.

It’s being discussed now because apparently (they haven’t) PSG are offering a ludicrous sum for him. Hence the hypothetical “who do we replace him with” discussions.

Relax pal, you’re getting a bit irate over it.

Useful at winning the ball back? Yes.

Has him winning the ball back helped us out offensively or defensively and in getting results lately? Not so much.

Has Gomes helped us get results lately? Has Richarlison?

He's extremely useful. Think how well he was playing in our good run. Was absolutely key to our high press and getting into teams in midfield.

The focus is always on what he can't do.

Status
Not open for further replies.