January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's good. Made excellent progress this year. Tireless FB, and very fast especially if you consider his height. Offensively he's great, he really hurts teams. Defensively he still has a bit of work to do - but has improved tremendously this season.

To be fair I’d take a ton of that Genk team: Aidoo, Trossard, Berge, Malinovskiy etc. can definitely play at a higher level.

I’d happily sell Gana despite how much I rate him if we replace him well. He’s almost 30 and for whatever reason we’re poor despite him looking good for us.

If we sold him for £35m to PSG and bought Gomes and a replacement with the money that would be business worth doing.

I’d take a straight swap for Meunier instead if PSG fancy it :D

We could use a couple of relatively cheap great signings like Digne was to get the squad in shape. Surely Brands has something up his sleeve?

They’re different players really. Mendes has taken to the league miles better though so far. Thiago Maia can barely get a game.
Yeah, super young, gotten in a bit, just has a big reputation. Mendes seems like he could play a bit of CM, too, which might be a nice fit.

To be fair I’d take a ton of that Genk team: Aidoo, Trossard, Berge, Malinovskiy etc. can definitely play at a higher level.

Yes they have a brilliant team atm. The Genk way: they'll probably become champion, then they'll sell all their good players. Embarrass themselves in the CL (since all the good players are gone and have been replaced by young talents that are not yet ready to perform), and start building a team again (-mind you they've started to become more successful in recent years, they win something every +- 5 years now).

They have a brilliant youth/scouting system; only in recent years: Milinkovic Savic, Koulibaly, Bailey, Casteels, Courtois, KDB, Benteke, Ferreira-Carrasco before he headed to Monaco(I hope he gets back and revives his career like Witsel did), Ndidi etc... Oh and they are a very well run club, always a profit.

Miles better than the current setup at RSCA, in the scouting department. Their new technical director is Arnesen, apparently he wants to attract some Celtic scouts. Please don't. They had one of the best, but they disrespected him and now he's at Ajax ...

Tbf it's the same for almost all Belgian/Dutch clubs on a European level; Genk is usually just a bit more extreme. You can't keep the team together long enough, not to embarrass yourselves in the CL- apart from the occasional surprise. Still amazed that Brugge managed to keep most of their good players for longer than one season, after they started to perform. They've even rejected a 25 million € bid for Wesley this transfer period - a more credible explanation is that Wesley just doesn't want to go to China. Usually it's okay for the EL. It's like trying to break into the top six in the PL, virtually impossible on a consistent basis.

DwTwGciX4AE1rOD

Sign him up, pay him 8 quid an hr sell DRKSSDL and sell box to Sunderland next season for a couple of mill

Yeah I suppose, there hasn’t been a roy Keane type player since roy keane. Souness would have fitted that category but he was even earlier. I suppose I was trying to point out that they aren’t really part of the modern game and we would struggle to find one.

I thought roy Keane was the ultimate midfielder, but I’m not sure how he would cope with the current lack of physicality in the modern game.

Veria and Gerard are the same type , players able to drag their teams to victory, can run the length of the pitch with the ball , can score and are always in box boxes

This goon at it again. Am sure that’s a stock photo he’s using for his profile pic.

Heard some say he’s got a fair bit right, there’s also a fair bit of wham in his timeline.

One to keep a watch on for sure.

If take him, the. Hit up Barca for arthur and malcom

Bernard , malcom , Arthur and Fred our very own English sounding samba dancing midfield

Please can we stop posting and discussing players we've never been linked to or are never gonna sign. Well annoying when trying to find some genuine transfer news.
The only rumors that might have substance are selling Gana and signing that Barrios fella. There really isn't anything else happening at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.