2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will forever be haunted by that Ba goal.

Son's has been and gone.
Howard's mistakes were never as bad as Pickford's in the derby. There's a difference between drawing at home against Newcastle and conceding a 96th minute goal against our biggest rivals at Anfield. Howard could of done better with Lampard's shot in the final, but it was one of those things. I think Pickford is a far superior keeper to Howard, which is why his mistakes hurt more. Howard started to go downhill, simply due to age more than anything, same with Baines, Jags and to a lesser extent Osman.

Howard's mistakes were never as bad as Pickford's in the derby. There's a difference between drawing at home against Newcastle and conceding a 96th minute goal against our biggest rivals at Anfield. Howard could of done better with Lampard's shot in the final, but it was one of those things. I think Pickford is a far superior keeper to Howard, which is why his mistakes hurt more. Howard started to go downhill, simply due to age more than anything, same with Baines, Jags and to a lesser extent Osman.
Howard was a mistake in his last 3 seasons.....

Say what you want, signing Howard wasnt a mistake. He served us well for years, and cost us a pittance in the long run.
Signing Pickford was an expensive mistake. Giving him a longer contract because of his WC hype was an even bigger mistake. Not having a real senior backup for him was a naive mistake. The club actually buying his hype from the wc was a down right amateurish mistake. Nobody was going to buy Pickford for the money we would have wanted, so we gave him a big reward for letting in 58 goals in the prem last season, MORE than he let in for Sunderland when they got relegated. Why would anyone reward that? We should send him back to the stadium of light, he should be decent for a championship side.

Edit:
check out the ‘more mistakes than any other keeper’-part

6E81DBC0-20AA-403F-A1A4-A826D566036F.jpeg

Last edited:
Howard was a good keeper,went way down hill the last year or year and half,pickford was a very good signing and still is and is an excellent keeper no matter what some think,but i am not one and never will be one for rewarding players who already have years left on there contracts just because of how well earlier months went,or to stop them been linked to other teams as its what papers do best

Howard was a good keeper,went way down hill the last year or year and half,pickford was a very good signing and still is and is an excellent keeper no matter what some think,but i am not one and never will be one for rewarding players who already have years left on there contracts just because of how well earlier months went,or to stop them been linked to other teams as its what papers do best

It is history repeating itself.

Timmy came back from the 2014 World Cup a hero......and proceeded to have a bad season for us.

Ditto Pickford in 2018.....he returns to England a hero and thus far is having a season to forget at Everton.

It is history repeating itself.

Timmy came back from the 2014 World Cup a hero......and proceeded to have a bad season for us.

Ditto Pickford in 2018.....he returns to England a hero and thus far is having a season to forget at Everton.
A mea culpa wouldn't be amiss on his part.

He needs to build bridges with a fan base that rightly see him as an arrogant, underachieving little turd.

A mea culpa wouldn't be amiss on his part.

He needs to build bridges with a fan base that rightly see him as an arrogant, underachieving little turd.

I think most top class keepers tend to be arrogant and a little bit nutty, I bet Nev would think his attitude is spot on, to be the best you need to believe you're the best in that particular position. Unfortunately it's a position that shows every mistake and highlights it. he's a good keeper and hopefully just a loss of form is happening

I think most top class keepers tend to be arrogant and a little bit nutty, I bet Nev would think his attitude is spot on, to be the best you need to believe you're the best in that particular position. Unfortunately it's a position that shows every mistake and highlights it. he's a good keeper and hopefully just a loss of form is happening
No, they dont tend or need to be arrogant. They might be a character, many of them are. But the good ones build their reputation on consistently sound performances. This feller is unprofessiuoal and clearly out of control.

Needs to just concentrate on the basics of goalkeeping instead of doing press interviews, talking absolute rubbish to try and be one of the lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.