2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 minutes before that incident he does exactly the same thing but with no defender near him when Kane was clean through: he's out to the edge of his area and stranded watching helplessly as Kane's lifted effort hits the side netting.

He is dire. There's no excusing what he did yesterday. No comforting context of 'it's his job'...unless his job is defined as screwing up a teams game.
He also did one on Ali, if he connected might of seen red, luckily his England chum didn't make anything of it.

Nah he’s got no business coming for that ball. His job is to act as a sweeper if necessary, not as default. Zouma is in complete control there, he could have nodded it back to Pickford if he’d stayed in the box so there’s absolutely no need for him to come out. It’s a genuinely awful piece of goalkeeping.
And he still can clear it if Zouma listens to him and doesn't run into him. It really is a two person mistake.

But the other thing is why the hell are we turning on a player after a bad month when he has been one of the more steady players since he joined? Guys can have bad stretches and come back from it.

And he still can clear it if Zouma listens to him and doesn't run into him. It really is a two person mistake.

But the other thing is why the hell are we turning on a player after a bad month when he has been one of the more steady players since he joined? Guys can have bad stretches and come back from it.
IF Pickford shouted and Zouma didn’t do as he was told it becomes a 70/30 for me because Pickford shouldn’t have even been there in the first place and also could still have cleared it ( he wasn’t physically prevented, he just seemed to get confused and missed the ball when he could have cleared everybody out).

I don’t think people are really turning on him as such, in fact I think he’s getting away incredibly lightly considering he literally single handedly caused untold misery for thousands of blues in the derby and then followed it up with this.

IF Pickford shouted and Zouma didn’t do as he was told it becomes a 70/30 for me because Pickford shouldn’t have even been there in the first place and also could still have cleared it ( he wasn’t physically prevented, he just seemed to get confused and missed the ball when he could have cleared everybody out).

I don’t think people are really turning on him as such, in fact I think he’s getting away incredibly lightly considering he literally single handedly caused untold misery for thousands of blues in the derby and then followed it up with this.
First off he didn't single handedly do anything. Lots of other things happened in that game including him making some magnificent saves to keep us in it. Anyone who holds that view needs to get a grip. Secondly maybe it's a loud minority but I'm seeing people say we should sell for 20 million and that we'd be better off if we signed Ben Foster which seems like turning on him to me.

First off he didn't single handedly do anything. Lots of other things happened in that game including him making some magnificent saves to keep us in it. Anyone who holds that view needs to get a grip. Secondly maybe it's a loud minority but I'm seeing people say we should sell for 20 million and that we'd be better off if we signed Ben Foster which seems like turning on him to me.
He didn’t make a single save in that game that I wouldn’t expect a good keeper to make. If you call any of them magnificent your expectations of a keeper are very low. That’s not supposed to be slating him, he made ‘good’ saves, but nothing remotely out of the ordinary. This is what usually happens when there’s any criticism of him though, people just come on and tell lies to defend him. It’s weird to be honest but what can you do.

Using Pickfords excuse from the derby? Not bad luck, bad keeper.

I'm using my opinion of the season so far, I don't need Jordans words. He certainly isn't a bad keeper, just having a bad patch, like all professionals do. He's young and learning, like a lot of the squad. He'll improve if we support him.

The worry with Pickford as i see it isn't the errors from a technical standpoint, It's more to do with his reaction after errors. His ego is a real worry for me, It's fine having a thick skin, in fact keepers probably have to have it but not to the point where your belief in yourself is bulletproof, the fear is he's cocky to the point of refusing to correct stuff. Hope I'm wrong

You make your own luck.

Individual errors are not bad luck. Certainly not when they are repeated.

I totally get the making your own luck and we have been in some sense. But it's always the things that don't go for us, you see it at all levels. They need to learn to play first, complain and feel hard done by second. They all seem to turn off cause the ref said no.

Feller's out of control.

I know, let's put the number 2 in....oh......

Brands needs to get sorting through available GKs ASAP.

Sigh.

I keep telling you Dave, we dont need a new GK, hes good enough for an 11th place team.

Unless you think we are gonna spend 70m on a replacement and continue with our "popgun attack".

Sigh.

I keep telling you Dave, we dont need a new GK, hes good enough for an 11th place team.

Unless you think we are gonna spend 70m on a replacement and continue with our "popgun attack".
£70M on a decent GK?

Pfffft!

Burnley get a whiff of £15M for Heaton and Dyche will snatch it off us with his snotty hands.

The capital of Brexitland has never seen so much cash.

£70M on a decent GK?

Pfffft!

Burnley get a whiff of £15M for Heaton and Dyche will snatch it off us with his snotty hands.

Im sorry I thought you wanted a good GK, feel free to waste 15m on somebody who isnt even better than Stek by all means, but if you think your gonna paint a turd and present it as a diamond im gonna call you a dirty liar.

Im sorry I thought you wanted a good GK, feel free to waste 15m on somebody who isnt even better than Stek by all means, but if you think your gonna paint a turd and present it as a diamond im gonna call you a dirty liar.
Heaton is easily Pickford's superior in terms of decision making. Pope too.

If you had a poll now of who Evertonians would want in goal bewteen those three Pickford would come third.

He didn’t make a single save in that game that I wouldn’t expect a good keeper to make. If you call any of them magnificent your expectations of a keeper are very low. That’s not supposed to be slating him, he made ‘good’ saves, but nothing remotely out of the ordinary. This is what usually happens when there’s any criticism of him though, people just come on and tell lies to defend him. It’s weird to be honest but what can you do.
He made a very good save on Shaqiri I think. I can't remember I'm trying to forget that game happened but he definitely had one decent save. But whatever you've kind of proved my point here as I'm defending him only in saying that it's harsh to totally turn on someone all of us would have been very high on 2 months ago because he's had some struggles and you can't help but throw digs in even though you aren't "slating" him.

If we're being honest with ourselves no one in the squad has a place locked down long term so Pickford and everyone else are playing for their futures here in the next 6 months as we won't be winning anything and now that United are sorted 7th is the max in the league. So come back and slate him if at the end of the season he's made it clear he isn't good enough. I expect this poor run will end soon enough though.

£70M on a decent GK?

Pfffft!

This the same Tom Heaton that is backing up Joe Hart? Yeah he's the one to take us to the next level.

Status
Not open for further replies.