2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to play devils advocate, the media and fans have really gone to town on the hype train because of the world cup, at 24years of age, it probably has inflated his ego, we now need to see the real Jordan Pickford, can he swim or will he sink under his own hype, we'll find out, plenty of really good keepers have never recovered from really poor runs of form but he has time on his side and he is still making saves, he hasn't completely lost it, yet.
There's no excuses for impetuous rash play that is recurring - as it is with him. He needs remedial work on his areas of weakness otherwise the burgeoning critical hype will wipeout any of the post world cup euphoria around him.

Not at all, Joe.

Timmy was excellent in the season prior to that World Cup, Bobby's 72 pointer.
The season after the World Cup then he was given a three year deal,on a one game WC performance where he excelled in one game saving the ball with his legs......the rest was the demise of RM for selecting him , and reinstating him after injury when Robles was keeping clean sheets - howler after howler he made causing draws or defeats - the Stek is not an adiquate no 2 keeper either ......

The season after the World Cup then he was given a three year deal,on a one game WC performance where he excelled in one game saving the ball with his legs......the rest was the demise of RM for selecting him , and reinstating him after injury when Robles was keeping clean sheets - howler after howler he made causing draws or defeats - the Stek is not an adiquate no 2 keeper either ......

Quite.

But he was excellent the season before the World Cup.

Afterwards there was a rapid decline.

??

Was a remark on people who seem to know what he’s thinking.

I know.

Which is why I directed you toward the post I was replying to.

It wasn’t me whom was speculating about what he was thinking....I was just saying that happen he did think like that, it was unfounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.