Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
We still have Onyekuru to come in as a wide forward.

Wan Bissaka would be a superb signing.

We are not that far off. Not having any gulf in class to top 4 when the likes of Roberton, Alex Armstrong and Milner are regulars.

If we sign Zouma + Gomes.

I think we still lack;

LB -- Once Baines goes end of season
RB -- Same level as Digne
CM/DM -- Deep playmaker
RF -- Right sided Richarlison
CF -- Different option to Richarlison

So, for the whole squad i'd say were 7 players off...sign 2 in Jan + Zouma/Gomes and 3 players away from a very strong squad.

I still think it's madness to be considering paying these massive prices for a lad that's played under 20 top flights games. At the earliest I'd look to get him next summer but January is too soon for me.

Depends on Brands. I think from his track record we cant argue with him.

Also, if we can shift out players in a swap we may not look too bad in any deal.

Tosun / Niasse / McCarthy / Bolasie may all be interesting to them and we wont get value for any if we sold any of them.
They already have too many workhorse midfielders and Bolasie is closer to League 1 than the Premier League at this point. At some point we should improve on Cenk but we can't get rid yet so that means Oumar or bust for me. Or we could just pay full price.

But my original point stands in that I'd like to see a few more appearances first.

The wide forwards are;
Bernard, Walcott, Lookman.

We should keep Lookman and sell Walcott + sign Lozano or similar quality.

Leaves us 3 wide forwards still...and a huge quality improvement.

As for Wan Bissaka, i think @BainesontoastNEW mentioned £60mil.

Seems excessive for a non-international whose played so few games...id offer palace Niasse + Tosun + McCarthy+ Bolasie for him ;)
Selling Walcott and buying Lozano would be expensive and risky. You also don't just forget Richy can play both left and right.

We have bigger issues than a marginal increase of indeed Chucky is better than Walcott.

Selling Walcott and buying Lozano would be expensive and risky. You also don't just forget Richy can play both left and right.

We have bigger issues than a marginal increase of indeed Chucky is better than Walcott.

It’s more expensive, harder to find and more difficult to attract a top striker, if richy shows he’s a top forward then that’s where he must stay imo. To early to judge now but time will tell, signing Lozano who can play both wings would be my preferred option . Bernard can play LM and possibly right? I also think he has the attributes to play in siggy postion to. Siggy can play left also, this means our front 4 can be very fluid seeing as richy can play either wing or central striker .

I don't think Lozano would represent a huge risk, if brands identified him as a player he believes could comfortably adapt to this league then so far anyway he seems to be getting those decisions spot on, having recruited him previously and him doing brilliantly when first arriving in Europe, then you'd have to say it looks a high likelihood it'd be a smart purchase.

Is he an improvement over Walcott, I'd say he has 8/9 years on his side, and whilst he may have his own flaws we aren't aware of not watching him every week, one thing is certain, at his age those flaws can be worked on and the player can be massively improved - Walcott is what he is, his flaws won't go away at his age, he's pretty inconsistent, injury prone etc.

Best scenario we sign lozano who right now is arguably already better than Walcott, and who has the potential to be far better in a few seasons, keep Walcott as a squad option, it's ultimately his level for any team with top 4/6 am itions, and why he spent 10+ years in that exact role at Arsenal.

I'd say a marginal increase in a position is 100% worth it, when that increase comes with a 8/9 years younger player, who fits the system better and who doesn't have the ingrained flaws of the older player.

I think Lozano is almost no risk at all. I’m not really nervous about bringing in a Mexican player myself. We’ve seen his technical side but the thing most important struggle with in the PL (like Klaassen found out) is the pace and physicality which Mexicans have in abundance.

I think Lozano is almost no risk at all. I’m not really nervous about bringing in a Mexican player myself. We’ve seen his technical side but the thing most important struggle with in the PL (like Klaassen found out) is the pace and physicality which Mexicans have in abundance.

I agree. He’d be a massive hit. He works hard, he’s got pace and he’s got a low centre of gravity that seems to cause issues for defenders.

I’ve banged on about this before but I compare the way he plays and moves to Aguero and Suarez and think he could be as successful as they have been. I wouldn’t be surprised if Barca wanted him as a replacement for Suarez.

Status
Not open for further replies.