• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My embarrassment if there is any is due to believing a bunch of utter wallopers like King, Joyce etc who were - it transpires - feeding us a load of nonsense about ever increasing compo packages. Who couldn't take a dim view of Watford under those circumstances.

You live and learn, I suppose.

Is that called shifting the blame Dave.

Is that called shifting the blame Dave.
No, it's not. It's about accepting that when you've been hoodwinked then you hold your hand up to it.

However, the substantive point remains: Moshiri has shown little leadership ability since arriving and this Watford quagmire he's dumped us in emphasises the point.

No, it's not. It's about accepting that when you've been hoodwinked then you hold your hand up to it.

However, the substantive point remains: Moshiri has shown little leadership ability since arriving and this Watford quagmire he's dumped us in emphasises the point.

I don’t agree Dave.
We will have to agree to disagree.

I can’t be bothered anymore. Take it easy mate.

Yes, but how clever is it for Moshiri to fall into a trap of now having Everton in a disciplinary action case rather than one of arbitration? If we got deducted points it'd be seen as an act of folly. At the very least it gives the club a poor reputation and one we can do without given that this is supposedly a period when rebooting our identity is now the objective.

What it underlines for me ultimatley (and going back to last autumn) is the club under his leadership had no plan B to go to if Silva wasn't available. Getting Allardyce in was a disgraceful failure in duty of care to the club. And that all came out of his unwillingness to see the writing on the wall with Silva early enough....and now it drags on and on with damage to the integrity of the club.

Or....

They ensured they delivered plan A.

I said repeatedly from the moment Allardyce come in, that if Silva didn't come in at the end of the season (break clause), then it would be worrying given the level we went to bring him in.

At least Silva shows long term thinking - if they become discouraged with how the wheels fell off at Watford then I'd have agreed.

If you want something then pay for it. The source of Watford's ire as I understand it now was that there was no compensation package being offered.
Can you really see that being the case?

We did offer money for him mate. We were prepared to pay. They subsequently sacked him, so that’s the end of it. This is sour grapes from them.

How come you take the side of Watford here?

Perhaps there is a solicitor on GOT who can explain the legal significance of inducing an employee to break his or her contract, and how that relates to a subsequent deterioration in that individual's performance.

We did offer money for him mate. We were prepared to pay. They subsequently sacked him, so that’s the end of it. This is sour grapes from them.

We offered a fee for him when we initially made contact, Watford refused.

He then is sacked by Watford for failing form on the field*

As an unemployed manager, he signs for Everton and we offer to pay compensation to Watford (not sure we have any need to do that!**)

*The only issue I see is if contact was happening here and that was the factor behind the form drop.

**Could have been offered if the above is true to smooth things over.

In my opinion, Watford are just narked that they tried to play hardball and it backfired.

Ah. Dave finding the consensus and quickly formulating the opposite argument.

Just a quick "silva+moshiri" search from you and you talk about how Moshiri will get his man, how Everton wont step away from the pursuit, how we need to play it with more patience and how Moshiri wont meekly walk away and how Watford's threats are idle.

Later, you then demand the club go back in for Silva.

Now though - you're critical of Moshiri pursuing him for so long lollollol

Post of the year!!!

We offered a fee for him when we initially made contact, Watford refused.

He then is sacked by Watford for failing form on the field*

As an unemployed manager, he signs for Everton and we offer to pay compensation to Watford (not sure we have any need to do that!**)

*The only issue I see is if contact was happening here and that was the factor behind the form drop.

**Could have been offered if the above is true to smooth things over.

In my opinion, Watford are just narked that they tried to play hardball and it backfired.
They were on the decline before we even "tapped him up" it's all BS like you say. If they come out with nothing they are going to look the bigger fools. It's not like those lot across the park who imho did do wrong with VDK signing.

Thought that'd be obvious Groucho, it's another stick to beat Farhad with, even though he's been shown up again

Status
Not open for further replies.