• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t be daft mate, he was trying to get a manager.

We certainly do not deserve to have the book thrown at us.
If you want something then pay for it. The source of Watford's ire as I understand it now was that there was no compensation package being offered.

Moshiri pursued him beyond all reason. 5/6 weeks worth of knock backs. It was a war of attrition that the club lost in the short term and it's handed it a massive headache that carries on to this day. It was a textbook example of how not to tap a manager up. It was clumsy and ham fisted and arrogant. If it had happened to Everton and, say, Arsenal or United or Chelsea had pursued our manager we'd have had no difficulty in seeing this for what it is. It's just tribalism that avoids coming to the right conlcusion: Moshiri was wrong, he's put the club in an invidious position, and now we fully deserve to have the book thrown at us.

I really don’t think Moshiri gives a flying one to be honest.

It’s only a headache to people like you who are overly concerned about it.
As someone said earlier, innocent until proven guilty and right now nothing has been proven.

You don’t know the facts so I’m alarmed at how easy it is for you to vilify your own club.

But they hardly amount to a smoking gun and dont contradict the point I'm making now.

All of that was based on Everton actually being in some form of negotiations with Watford, which is what we were all led to believe by those "trusted" journalists like Joyce and O'Keeffe and King etc at the time - which turns out to have been untrue, as there was no such dialogue ongoing. So for Moshiri to spend so much time posturing and hoping Silva would walk / putting pressure on him to walk would walk was unacceptable - unacceptable for us at the time and certainly unacceptable for Watford.

Moshiri was not bargaining in good faith, he was offering nothing to Watford. That changes every single thing about this case. It was not a tapping up so much as an attempted mugging.

Evertonians have almost been encouraged over the years to become self-deprecating.

If something has gone wrong, usually, we'll point the finger with confidence at Everton's board.

The thing is though, this is Watford. They're an absolute circus.

Moshiri got his man, eventually.

Watford got burned in the process.

See Everton, Moyes, Man Utd. See Watford, Silva, Hull.

The games the game.

If Everton receive any worthwhile punishment, then it would be incredibly naive from the club and they deserve everything they get for lacking nous. Either that or it'll be a bit Niasse/dive punishment and "Everton that"

Everton's board don't deserve blame for getting their man though - it was refreshingly determined from the club. Something fans, including you, called for.

Watford didnt accept £10m-£12m compo out of principle, and chose to in effect sabotage their own season. When your manager wants off, you send them packing.

Koeman's position become untenable (behind the scenes at least), Unsworth couldn't hold the forte, Everton knew Silva could walk at the end of the season (Watford's break clause). Watford wouldnt accept the very decent compo offer, Allardyce brought in as a patsy until Silva become available.

Not convinced this is one to pin on Blue Heaven Holdings Limited, but that doesn't really matter. You just conjure up an argument against the consensus. If you was American you'd switch between republican and democrat depending on who was in power...

I really don’t think Moshiri gives a flying one to be honest.

It’s only a headache to people like you who are overly concerned about it.
As someone said earlier, innocent until proven guilty and right now nothing has been proven.

You don’t know the facts so I’m alarmed at how easy it is for you to vilify your own club.
Well I think it's clear enough now who holds the high moral ground here. Watford have insisyted throughout the whole saga that they weren't prepared to negotiate with Everton (something we were told by the "ITK" journalists was untrue and that they were merely looking to get more compensation...which is what I thought too). Watford though have chosen their right to forgo arbitration (which could hand them retroactively paid compo) and decided they want a disciplinary charge where they will get no compo.

That indicates to me that they weren't bargaining with Everton last year.

Ah. Dave finding the consensus and quickly formulating the opposite argument.

Just a quick "silva+moshiri" search from you and you talk about how Moshiri will get his man, how Everton wont step away from the pursuit, how we need to play it with more patience and how Moshiri wont meekly walk away and how Watford's threats are idle.

Later, you then demand the club go back in for Silva.

Now though - you're critical of Moshiri pursuing him for so long lollollol

Bravo!!!

Excellent work. Please award yourself 5 gold stars.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it Dave!

Ah. Dave finding the consensus and quickly formulating the opposite argument.

Just a quick "silva+moshiri" search from you and you talk about how Moshiri will get his man, how Everton wont step away from the pursuit, how we need to play it with more patience and how Moshiri wont meekly walk away and how Watford's threats are idle.

Later, you then demand the club go back in for Silva.

Now though - you're critical of Moshiri pursuing him for so long lollollol

A heavyweight tussle developing here as @GrandOldTeam lands the first blow

lRUvPpf.gif

Well I think it's clear enough now who holds the high moral ground here. Watford have insisyted throughout the whole saga that they weren't prepared to negotiate with Everton (something we were told by the "ITK" journalists was untrue and that they were merely looking to get more compensation...which is what I thought too). Watford though have chosen their right to forgo arbitration (which could hand them retroactively paid compo) and decided they want a disciplinary charge where they will get no compo.

That indicates to me that they weren't bargaining with Everton last year.

Dave, you have just been royally shown up.

Time to call it a day mate, go and take a relaxing walk in the countryside and we can start afresh again tomorrow.

Thanks Dave.

Evertonians have almost been encouraged over the years to become self-deprecating.

If something has gone wrong, usually, we'll point the finger with confidence at Everton's board.

The thing is though, this is Watford. They're an absolute circus.

Moshiri got his man, eventually.

Watford got burned in the process.

See Everton, Moyes, Man Utd. See Watford, Silva, Hull.

The games the game.

If Everton receive any worthwhile punishment, then it would be incredibly naive from the club and they deserve everything they get for lacking nous. Either that or it'll be a bit Niasse/dive punishment and "Everton that"

Everton's board don't deserve blame for getting their man though - it was refreshingly determined from the club. Something fans, including you, called for.

Watford didnt accept £10m-£12m compo out of principle, and chose to in effect sabotage their own season. When your manager wants off, you send them packing.

They knew Silva could walk at the end of the season (Watford's break clause).

Koeman's position become untenable (behind the scenes at least), Unsworth couldn't hold the forte, Watford wouldnt accept the very decent compo offer, Allardyce brought in as a patsy until Silva become available.

Not convinced this is one to pin on Blue Heaven Holdings Limited, but that doesn't really matter. You just conjure up an argument against the consensus. If you was American you'd switch between republican and democrat depending on who was in power...
Yes, but how clever is it for Moshiri to fall into a trap of now having Everton in a disciplinary action case rather than one of arbitration? If we got deducted points it'd be seen as an act of folly. At the very least it gives the club a poor reputation and one we can do without given that this is supposedly a period when rebooting our identity is now the objective.

What it underlines for me ultimatley (and going back to last autumn) is the club under his leadership had no plan B to go to if Silva wasn't available. Getting Allardyce in was a disgraceful failure in duty of care to the club. And that all came out of his unwillingness to see the writing on the wall with Silva early enough....and now it drags on and on with damage to the integrity of the club.

Dave, you have just been royally shown up.

Time to call it a day mate, go and take a relaxing walk in the countryside and we can start afresh again tomorrow.

Thanks Dave.
My embarrassment if there is any is due to believing a bunch of utter wallopers like King, Joyce etc who were - it transpires - feeding us a load of nonsense about ever increasing compo packages. Who couldn't take a dim view of Watford under those circumstances.

You live and learn, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.