2018/19 Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what could we have done about that?. That's the point I'm making. We can't force the players or the other clubs.

I'm not saying I disagree with you that we want these guys out of the club full stop. Of course we do.
I’m concerned that we have several signed players on loan and have loaned several players out. Logically, what is the conclusion of that ?

Best of luck to him at Boro.

There's a player there, I'm just not sure if he'll ever have the consistency/fitness levels to make it count.

Ah fairs, I can't count....

Still, it's not a huge number is it? Zouma and Gomes could both be Everton players if they do well (I know there's no options to buy, but there wasn't with Rom or Barry either and we still got them).
Fine if that’s the reasoning behind signing those players on loan. But it could just be a temporary shifting of players around meaning we are stuck with dross again next summer and have to go on yet another recruitment drive.

To support that view, might it not be the very reason we have signed players on loan?

Frankly I’m not (yet) convinced Zouma is good enough for us and Gomes is a shot in the dark given his form/injury concerns

Arguably you could throw Mina in there as a ‘loan’ as well btw.

Last edited:
Ah fairs, I can't count....

Still, it's not a huge number is it? Zouma and Gomes could both be Everton players if they do well (I know there's no options to buy, but there wasn't with Rom or Barry either and we still got them).
What. You can't count past one?

Fine if that’s the reasoning behind signing those players on loan. But it could just be a temporary shifting of players around meaning we are stuck with dross again next summer and have to go on yet another recruitment drive.

To support that view, might it not be the very reason we have signed players on loan?

Frankly I’m not (yet) convinced Zouma is good enough for us and Gomes is a shot in the dark given his form/injury concerns

Well if we look at it on the basis of who they have replaced in the squad...

Williams has been loaned out and Zouma has been loaned in. This is a definite improvement.

Besic has been loaned out and Gomes has been loaned in. This is a definite improvement.

So I have absolutely no issue with it at all. It's good business practice.

And no, Mina isn't a loan. You can't 'count him as a loan'. He's signed a five-year deal for a £28m fee.

What. You can't count past one?

That, and I forgot Zouma was a loan.

How is Mina a loan exactly? 5-year contract, if he plays well we get 200% of the transfer fee back.

Shut up Kev ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.