2018/19 Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besic' loan is a prime example of the stupidity of not having the same window closure across all clubs, or at least for all of the domestic leagues.

He is obviously happy to play for them, returning there, but not happy enough to do so on a permanent deal. At whose prompting? His or Boros?

Nothing that Brands / Everton can do about that at all.

But I do think a situation has been contrived to suit Boro, and their transfer and wage budget here. It seems to be that Besic and his agent were happy to do Boros bidding, as they clearly gain in this scenario. He was always going to go back on loan once the pesky problem of avoiding a permanent fee and/or saving on wages could be dealt with.

It seems only a few Championship clubs want him. That’s the reality.

Well if that's the case then he's absolutely useless. The last time I checked most of today's box-to-box midfielders are working just as good the other way. Just look at players like Vidal, Hamsik, Pogba and the list goes on...They all have tremendous responsibility on their shoulders when it comes to defending so if it isn't Davies job to also mark players, what does he offer on the pitch then?

Besic is true enough a defensive midfielder with the ability to control the pace of a game when needed, something Davies cannot do. Besic offers more as a defensive minded player then Davies - think about that.

Better in every aspect of the game, very simple.
Why are you expecting a 20 year old to be on the same level as world class 30 year olds ? Why didnt you compare him to 20 year old box to box midfielders ?

Huh

Gonna have to disagree there.
I know we are only talking about one specific player in this case but based on WhoScored statistics, back when Vidal used to play for Juventus he averaged 4 tackles per match and 1.2 interceptions in the Serie A. In Champions League, those numbers go up to 5.4 tackles and 1.4 interceptions. The tackle stats ranked 7th in the league and 2nd in the Champions League amongst all players, not just midfielders. That alone should be enough proof that coaches today are expecting way more of their box-to-box midfielders when it comes to the defending part of the game.

Last edited:
What do you want? All 24 Championship clubs after him?

I want him to be sold (and of course it’s off in the last minute). What I am saying is while he and his agent might not be satisfied with a perm deal with Boro, the reality is no decent European teams came in while it’s rumour only Boro, Swansea and Leeds would take a loan. So he is not as good as you believe. I supposed.

It's understandable. He will want to see if they get promotion which is fair enough. We get his wages covered which is great but a fee would have been nice. That being said I can't imagine Boro would want to fork out a fee if it's avoidable, and if he helps them to promotion his value will increase.
Yes I agree with that assessment, a fee would have been the best result, but if Middlesboro are paying all his wages plus
a loan fee that's not too bad and if he does well we are still due a transfer fee where maybe we can get more than was originally agreed a few weeks ago.

Yes I agree with that assessment, a fee would have been the best result, but if Middlesboro are paying all his wages plus
a loan fee that's not too bad and if he does well we are still due a transfer fee where maybe we can get more than was originally agreed a few weeks ago.

Highly unlikely Boro are paying all his wages given they couldn’t agree terms with him a couple of weeks ago.

Highly unlikely Boro are paying all his wages given they couldn’t agree terms with him a couple of weeks ago.

Promotion to the PL is worth well over £100m, not just the TV money but millions more in gate receipts and merchandise. They can only hold us hostage so much. Are they really going to risk all that money for the sake of £10k a week?

I'd be amazed if they weren't paying all his wages AND paying us a fee on top.

I want him to be sold (and of course it’s off in the last minute). What I am saying is while he and his agent might not be satisfied with a perm deal with Boro, the reality is no decent European teams came in while it’s rumour only Boro, Swansea and Leeds would take a loan. So he is not as good as you believe. I supposed.

Nobody is saying he is "good". Plenty have said that he has the potential to be good. Sooner or later though he needs to prove it.

Some interest from Europe would have helped.
There were interests but the idiot didnt want to leave England. He wanted to play for a club in the premier league mainly.... Torino was interested for example then a week later you hear an interview from him stating that he is only interested in playing in England since he likes it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.