2018/19 Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take the reported media news for example. If that was not the agent, we could have sold Besic for £6m already. If these players are desperate to go, their agents should have done the job.
But what could we have done about that?. That's the point I'm making. We can't force the players or the other clubs.

I'm not saying I disagree with you that we want these guys out of the club full stop. Of course we do.

Besic is a defensive midfielder, its his job to mark players.

Davies is a box to box midfielder, its not his job to mark players.

Your logic is so stupid.
Well if that's the case then he's absolutely useless. The last time I checked most of today's box-to-box midfielders are working just as good the other way. Just look at players like Vidal, Hamsik, Pogba and the list goes on...They all have tremendous responsibility on their shoulders when it comes to defending so if it isn't Davies job to also mark players, what does he offer on the pitch then?

Besic is true enough a defensive midfielder with the ability to control the pace of a game when needed, something Davies cannot do. Besic offers more as a defensive minded player then Davies - think about that.

Better in every aspect of the game, very simple.

Well if that's the case then he's absolutely useless. The last time I checked most of today's box-to-box midfielders are working just as good the other way. Just look at players like Vidal, Hamsik, Pogba and the list goes on...They all have tremendous responsibility on their shoulders when it comes to defending so if it isn't Davies job to also mark players, what does he offer on the pitch then?

Besic is true enough a defensive midfielder with the ability to control the pace of a game when needed, something Davies cannot do. Besic offers more as a defensive minded player then Davies - think about that.

Huh

Gonna have to disagree there.

I can see what you are saying mate. However I think you rally under value what Tom Davies offers, particularly at 20. Very few players at his age play with the composure and impact on the game Davies has in that position.

I oddly think Besic has many of the similar issues Davies has. Lots of ability there but sometimes has struggled to get it out. He is 5 years older though which counts against him.

Mo probably needs to move on for the good of his own career now. He is well liked by most Everton fans but I do think he tries too hard at times. He's not massively effective at protecting the back four for example.

The loan will do him a lot of good and I hope he gets promoted with Middlesborough and I think if he goes there full time for a good fee they could have a useful footballer on their hands.

Besic' loan is a prime example of the stupidity of not having the same window closure across all clubs, or at least for all of the domestic leagues.

He is obviously happy to play for them, returning there, but not happy enough to do so on a permanent deal. At whose prompting? His or Boros?

Nothing that Brands / Everton can do about that at all.

But I do think a situation has been contrived to suit Boro, and their transfer and wage budget here. It seems to be that Besic and his agent were happy to do Boros bidding, as they clearly gain in this scenario. He was always going to go back on loan once the pesky problem of avoiding a permanent fee and/or saving on wages could be dealt with.

Forgot about Joe Williams to be honest and Vlasic.

I dunno about Connolly, he seems a very talented boy to me.

I won't write Connolly off but I'm not sure on him. Vlasic I think Silva wanted to keep and has a wonderful opportunity to stake a claim away from the club. Lookman did this very well last season. It would be great is Vlasic did that too.

Besic' loan is a prime example of the stupidity of not having the same window closure across all clubs, or at least for all of the domestic leagues.

He is obviously happy to play for them, returning there, but not happy enough to do so on a permanent deal.

Nothing that Brands / Everton can do about that at all.

But I do think a situation has been contrived to suit Boro, and their transfer and wage budget here. It seems to be that Besic and his agent were happy to do Boros bidding, as they clearly gain in this scenario. He was always going to go back on loan once the pesky problem of avoiding a permanent fee and/or saving on wages could be dealt with.

It's understandable. He will want to see if they get promotion which is fair enough. We get his wages covered which is great but a fee would have been nice. That being said I can't imagine Boro would want to fork out a fee if it's avoidable, and if he helps them to promotion his value will increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.