2017/18 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
He improved massively when playing with a settled defence. We need a good new CB and LB (with Baines backup) to play alongside him, Pickford and Coleman. Then we’ll see if he’s good enough or not.

He’s obviously got talent and it’s hard to judge him in a season where we were genuinely the worst footballing side in the league.

He’s a bog standard player, he gets turned way too easily and always has done, his reading of the game is non existent and to cap it all he’s got a head like a ten bob bit.
He may well turn into a top CB as he was originally touted, but from where he is currently it’s a long, long journey back.
Sell.

annoys me how he constantly plays on the left side of centre half when he isnt comfortable using that foot, could see that burnley goal a mile off and others. if hes struggling let him play on the right hand side

Disagree, with the right coaching they can both become good players.

You can't coach leadership though.

I like Keane and Holgate, but as a partnership think they'd get torn apart.

Both of them need an 'organiser' next to them to be at their best.

Which is why the need to bring in a quality CB, and keep Jagielka, is there.

You can't coach leadership though.

I like Keane and Holgate, but as a partnership think they'd get torn apart.

Both of them need an 'organiser' next to them to be at their best.

Which is why the need to bring in a quality CB, and keep Jagielka, is there.

Exactly. There is a reason they never started a single game as a pairing.

I don't know if they both played but it won't have been in a 2 if they did because I distinctly remember Ashley Williams running in treacle while Josh King cruised towards goal for about 60 yards.

No, you're right, they didn't play in that one together!

He’s obviously got talent and it’s hard to judge him in a season where we were genuinely the worst footballing side in the league.

This really. He's young, and it is worth persisting with him in case there's a player in there. But He has looked poor in one of those standout ways that set him apart from all the players who have also looked poor.

He's one of the worst CB we've had prem era truly shocking i was dead against this signing but the stat geeks wasn't having it

Status
Not open for further replies.