Talksport and Fake Everton fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leyton Orient. And we'll certainly take Big Sam off your hands if you want. But I'm not sure if we could afford his wages, nevermind his buffet bill. :)
I was going to go on Leyton Orient's fan forum and ask whether they would be happy with Sam Allardyce as manager. I logged onto one called Tapatalk and the latest poster on there was a guy called Pie and Mash. I kid you not.lol

Anyway. I'm not sure I'd learn anything useful from asking the question as the National league is about Allardyce's level.

you haven't got a long memory

Kendall 97-98 - Ward, Thomson, Tiler, Madar, etc
Any Smith Squad - Bakayoko, Alexanderson, Pembridge, etc
Early Moyes squads - Kilbane, Li Tie, Bent, etc

All ten times worse than this squad

This squad is the worst out of all of them. At least those ones you mentioned had spirit and battling qualities. These players have nothing, soulless drones with no physical or technical attributes between them either. I can't stand this team.

There's plenty of trumpets who support us to not need to manufacture fake ones.

What Talksport will do is have a load of them call in, screen them with a producer and the ones who back Brexit Scam will be put right to the top of the list because they know they'll generate a larger reaction from a much larger group of listeners.

Radio 101.

you haven't got a long memory

Kendall 97-98 - Ward, Thomson, Tiler, Madar, etc
Any Smith Squad - Bakayoko, Alexanderson, Pembridge, etc
Early Moyes squads - Kilbane, Li Tie, Bent, etc

All ten times worse than this squad
My point was that these were squads a lot less taleen
Indeed but you have chose some really weird players there to highlight the fact.

Tiler didn't put a foot wrong for us (he always gets slated for some reason, he was fine)
Madar scored some important goals and was actually a very good footballer.
Pembridge was alright. Took good corners and worked his backside off.
Kilbane, Li Tie and Bent all did really well for us. 2 of them got us to 4th in the league!

Player for player our current squad is decent but balance wise its atrocious. Loads of similar players with some major flaws that they seem to repeat every single game.

My point was that all of these squads were a hell of a lot less talented but with the exception of 97-98 they all put a shift in and managed a similar or better points total to what we are seeing now with the most expensively assembled squad in our history.

To say BFS has the worst squad at his disposal (as the OP did) is utter nonsense!

This squad is the worst out of all of them. At least those ones you mentioned had spirit and battling qualities. These players have nothing, soulless drones with no physical or technical attributes between them either. I can't stand this team.
Spirit and battling qualities yes, talent? No

I was going to go on Leyton Orient's fan forum and ask whether they would be happy with Sam Allardyce as manager. I logged onto one called Tapatalk and the latest poster on there was a guy called Pie and Mash. I kid you not.lol

Anyway. I'm not sure I'd learn anything useful from asking the question as the National league is about Allardyce's level.

This is our first season in the National League after our corrupt owner (who is wanted for embezzlement, fraud, and tax evasion charges in Albania) almost destroyed our club and took us from near the top of League One to the National League in 3 years. We've got him out now thankfully.

But there are some parallels actually between our season and your season. We were struggling as well, shipping load of cheap goals, and for a moment some of us feared the worst, that we'd get relegated AGAIN, which would be almost unthinkable, but we got Justin Edinburgh in as manager, and after some mixed results he seems to have steadied the ship and guided us to mid-table safety. Hopefully can push on next year.

A lot of Orient fans will thank Edinburgh for his work so far, but others might say "thank him for what? For finishing in our lowest league position in history". No pleasing some people sometimes. Personally, I think we'll push on next season, and hopefully get back in the football league, but no guarantees in anything. Be a bit harsh as well to sack Edinburgh and bring in Allardyce, but obviously if the job was vacant no Orient fan in their right mind would turn him down (not that it would ever happen).

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts. To say Allardyce has a reputation as some sort of firefighter, with the ability to rise a club like a phoenix from the flames is utter rubbish. The only consistent reputation he has is the dislike from his teams fans.

You only have to look at the facts. Allardyce has a career win percentage of 35.7%. That's one of the worst in the Premiership. He is currently on a massive 36.4% with us. In over 500 games he has only won the manager of the month award 6 times. With percentages like that we are never going to win a trophy or threaten the top six.

I was massively against his appointment from the start, partly because of figures like this but also because he has been and always will be a mercenary. What has surprised me though is his total lack of "feel" for this great club and it's supporters. His lies, his negativity, his lack of ambition are a cancer on this club that needs to be removed at the end of the season.

I could go on but even writing about him is giving me heartburn......

No doubt in my mind, we were threatened by relegation and Sam did his job keeping us up. We were an abject mess before he arrived and it's pure revisionism to suggest otherwise.

There's also no doubt in my mind, given the way he's set us up against higher opposition and the comments he's made in the media, that he can't possibly take us higher than we are now.

Considered verdict: Sack.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if you think that Allardyce deserves to be kept on for another season because he’s “done a job” and we weren’t relegated then I truly despair for you. That’s just loyalty for loyalty’s sake.

You honestly may as well go back to the bad old days where we were struggling, skint and even more irellevent if you advocate that kind of attitude.

His approach to football is actually very similar to Mourinho's, and they actually share a lot in common, they are undoubtedly both pragmatists, they are a little bit better than people give them credit for when it comes to getting the best out of top players, yeah they are defensive minded, both are a little brash, but both are quality when it comes to digging out results, and both get their fair share of criticism when it comes to performances. They are actually very good friends too.

The biggest difference really is the calibre of clubs they have managed. Mourinho took over Porto, won the CL, you have to give him amazing credit for that, but the draw in the knock out stages opened up for him massively that year, he played a poor Man United team in the first knock out game, and got through with a late winner, with Mourinho famously running down the touchline, then after some freak results in other games that year, it meant he got to play Deportivo La Coruna, Lyon & Monaco en route to winning. Fair enough he still had to beat those teams, and he did, but were it not for that run he might not be where he is today.

I'm not trying to diminish Mourinho's achievements here, but sometimes in football you need a bit of luck, and you need to be in the right place at the right time, and after Mourinho won the CL for Porto, he won the oil lottery with Chelsea, then took over a dominant Inter team which had some world class defenders, and guys like Sneijder and Eto'o, again he done great to win the CL again, then he got the Madrid job, and now has the Man United gig.

Allardyce has simply never had those opportunities, the biggest opportunity he has had before Everton was Newcastle, and they kicked him out after 19 games or something, so they hardly really gave him a chance. But he has performed miracles in his own way, just not at the same calibre of clubs. And has over-achieved almost everywhere (when given a bit of time).

And actually, all those clubs he managed found life after Big Sam very difficult. Most of them getting relegated within a year or two of him leaving (Blackburn, Newcastle, Bolton, Sunderland, Palace struggling this year). The only club that pushed on without him were West Ham, but even that only lasted a year, now they are back to struggling again.

So you may well already have a Mourinho calibre manager on your hands, this is the biggest club he has managed at, he just needs the opportunity, and with a pre-season under his belt and a bit of faith he could take you places.

I think we are guilty sometimes of overlooking what he has achieved, because he's English, because he is a bit shall we say overweight, because he is linked with struggling clubs and playing long ball (which is a lazy generalisation) we think "oh it is only big Sam", but he brings a wealth of experience with him and has over achieved almost everywhere he has gone.

He's probably destined for the exit door at the end of the season anyway, difficult for anyone to do their job properly with so much negativity, but in case he does stay I think try and support him, give the guy a break and you might be pleasantly surprised with what he can do next season.
You guys SHOULD new had got rid of you old owner, he did a fantastic job at Orient, you guys should build a statue of him, he was AWESOME

This is our first season in the National League after our corrupt owner (who is wanted for embezzlement, fraud, and tax evasion charges in Albania) almost destroyed our club and took us from near the top of League One to the National League in 3 years. We've got him out now thankfully.

But there are some parallels actually between our season and your season. We were struggling as well, shipping load of cheap goals, and for a moment some of us feared the worst, that we'd get relegated AGAIN, which would be almost unthinkable, but we got Justin Edinburgh in as manager, and after some mixed results he seems to have steadied the ship and guided us to mid-table safety. Hopefully can push on next year.

A lot of Orient fans will thank Edinburgh for his work so far, but others might say "thank him for what? For finishing in our lowest league position in history". No pleasing some people sometimes. Personally, I think we'll push on next season, and hopefully get back in the football league, but no guarantees in anything. Be a bit harsh as well to sack Edinburgh and bring in Allardyce, but obviously if the job was vacant no Orient fan in their right mind would turn him down (not that it would ever happen).
Personally I think he did an awesome job, in the fan survey I gave the former Orient owner a 10/10

Status
Not open for further replies.