The striker debacle

Who are we getting in as Lukaku's replacement?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless a rabbit is pulled out the hat in the next 48 hours, this will be the most farcical decision ever made by the Everton board IMO.

Yes, we know Lukaku wanted away but he still had two years of a contract still to run.

And an unhappy Lukaku would be way preferable to the situation as it sits right now.

We should never have allowed ourselves to be browbeaten into selling him and leaving ourselves threadbare.

Just to echo what others have posted....it is beyond belief he was allowed to leave six weeks ago without a replacement already lined up or one being signed in the intervening period.

Whole thing was pathetic. Utd put in a bid and we delivered Lukaku gift rapped. It looked almost like more consideration was given to Utd:s and Roms wishes that to our own.

You're not the only one mate. We have known since March (when lukaku turned down the contract offer) that we needed a top striker as his replacement. Your guess is as good as mine, as to why we are only 2 days from the window closing and no like for like replacement having been brought in.

My guess would be we have been waiting on Ross getting sold.

Why would he leave Leicester for us? Many would argue they´re better placed than we are this season.
Perhaps many would argue, but not sane ones we are a much more superior side than Leicester but we do need alittle time to really get the players gelling 100%. IMO Vardy would jump at the chance to come here but at this point Leicester would make it very difficult.

Whole thing was pathetic. Utd put in a bid and we delivered Lukaku gift rapped. It looked almost like more consideration was given to Utd:s and Roms wishes that to our own.
This. We all knew he was gonna go this window but why make it so easy? Even to the extent of letting him stay in USA to meet up with Utd. We should have hung on to him as late as possible and sent him up the East Lancs half fit the week before deadline day. You would have to question if we've short changed ourselves also, given the way fees have exploded post Neymar. Coutinho could end up going for over £60m more than Lukaku.

All this without scoping out a proper replacement also.

an expensive foreigner who none of us have ever heard of (notwithstanding your frantic, completely obvious last-minute FIFA search cut-and-pastes)

that ought to kick the fume can down the road for a while, so long as he's not African or from a league East of Germany

This. We all knew he was gonna go this window but why make it so easy? Even to the extent of letting him stay in USA to meet up with Utd. We should have hung on to him as late as possible and sent him up the East Lancs half fit the week before deadline day. You would have to question if we've short changed ourselves also, given the way fees have exploded post Neymar. Coutinho could end up going for over £60m more than Lukaku.

All this without scoping out a proper replacement also.

lol

Nah lads (and ladies)

I might give it all a swerve this year

See you Friday

I am back in the positive "we are going to pull a cracker" mode.

Until the lights go on Thursday night after the last song (Jim White and the Big Ben chimes) and i'm chatting with some dodgy bird with too many tats, facial piercings, buck teeth, badly dyed hair and a bottle of blue WKD and a vape stick hoping to get the paperwork (my man sausage) through to prem league headquarters (her stinking gash) by the deadline, then I shall remain optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.