Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wishful thinking here.

Every transfer from this point in can implicate us if a new signing forces someone else further down the pecking order.

Schick to Roma is being done - Perhaps frees up Dzeko.

Arsenal not budging with Sanchez, but if they offered Aguero then Giroud would probably want out.

Loads of action and it won't stop right up until the end. People need to be patient and manage their expectations. Can't see us settling for Dirge. Let's hope the stars align for FC Sexy. x
Laughing my head off at your username :D

Of course none of us will ever know the innermost workings of our club but every indicator of the information we do have access to points to Koeman shouldering little if any of the blame. I wonder if you'd be as vehement in your critique of those "absolving" him if we hadn't just rolled over at Chelsea. It seems like a flimsy stick to beat the manager with.

Also thanks for ignoring the part where you confidently claim no manager is ever involved with negotiations. That's part of the reason for directors of football, spread out the temptations and less managers will be corrupted by the brown envelopes they get offered.
I was ignoring it because it was kind of irrelevant to the point at hand. As you say, I don't know the inner workings of the club, but I'd be surprised if Moyes was involved the actual contract negotiations taking place between player and club.

It's not a stick to beat the manager with at all, because you keep missing the fact that I'm not blaming him. I'm just laughing at the fact that some people are so desperate for him not to be blamed that they're already saying he has absolutely nothing to do with transfers whatsoever. Of course, many of those same posters are happy for him to take the credit for the signing of Schneiderlin, Klaassen etc...

One thing we can probably deduce from the Zohore enquiry is that we have about £30m (or perhaps a little less) with which to sign the striker we want.

Doesn't leave us with a huge amount of options unfortunately.

One thing we can probably deduce from the Zohore enquiry is that we have about £30m (or perhaps a little less) with which to sign the striker we want.

Doesn't leave us with a huge amount of options unfortunately.

prob wont be signing belotti will we?

Are you quoting yourself? A bit confused here. Or have you taken something out of context in that this person was implying he doesn't do the negotiations.

Be careful the sidewalls of the hole you're digging don't fall in
No I was quoting someone who has already replied to the original quoting of his post so I didn't want to quote him again unnecessarily. It's not out of context at all though is it? 'Blameless' and 'doesn't deal with transfers' - doesn't leave much room for doubt does it? The point being made is that Koeman has nothing to do with whether or not someone signs for us. I'm refuting that. Not that confusing really.

Schick gone to Roma, could this free up Dzeko? I'm pretty sure they only play with 1 striker up top and can't see Schick going to be second choice

Status
Not open for further replies.