2017/18 Kieran Dowell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he's our best and most important player and we can't succeed without him?

Is that what I said? C'mon man. No need to go hyperbolic on me. I think he's ready to contribute this year and I think he, and we, are better served with him staying. I do not run the club, however I do the ability to internet.

Is that what I said? C'mon man. No need to go hyperbolic on me. I think he's ready to contribute this year and I think he, and we, are better served with him staying. I do not run the club, however I do the ability to internet.

I agree he's good and I'd like to have seen him being given a chance BUT I also know a loan to Forest will do him the world of good too.

It was a win-win situation for me what we did with him.

Evening gents, just been reading through your comments on Dowell. He sounds fantastic and I'd hope we can give him a good platform for a season to our mutual benefit. We'll look after him and you can have him back all shiny and ready to go.

Wish you boys a great season, Koeman seems (outwardly) to be doing a great job.

Forgive me jumping on your forum, but felt compelled by the above quote.... without wanting to antagonise it's exactly this kind of crap that makes me glad we're not in the prem. yeah it would be daft to say we wouldn't want a shot back in the top division, but frankly 90% of what I see (on tv) is dull, sanitised and soulless. Hand on heart I'd rather feel a part of a club, with predominantly honest footballers, almost exclusively genuine fans and a competition that hasn't (just yet) become solely about who has the biggest, baddest foreign owner. Heartfelt and sincere, if you really think the championship is that poor then you've really been sold the Sky dream there fella.

Good luck to you boys.

That's just Dave mate.

It's a good level with a number of good players. If Dowell can improve his consistency - which has been a problem of his - he'll do well for youse next season.

Good luck though. And stick around, post more in the future. We don't mind good oppo on here who can tell us the goings on elsewhere.

Evening gents, just been reading through your comments on Dowell. He sounds fantastic and I'd hope we can give him a good platform for a season to our mutual benefit. We'll look after him and you can have him back all shiny and ready to go.

Wish you boys a great season, Koeman seems (outwardly) to be doing a great job.

Forgive me jumping on your forum, but felt compelled by the above quote.... without wanting to antagonise it's exactly this kind of crap that makes me glad we're not in the prem. yeah it would be daft to say we wouldn't want a shot back in the top division, but frankly 90% of what I see (on tv) is dull, sanitised and soulless. Hand on heart I'd rather feel a part of a club, with predominantly honest footballers, almost exclusively genuine fans and a competition that hasn't (just yet) become solely about who has the biggest, baddest foreign owner. Heartfelt and sincere, if you really think the championship is that poor then you've really been sold the Sky dream there fella.

Good luck to you boys.

Every time some one replies seriously to Davek, God kills a puppy. Hopefully this time it was a stray.

Welcome to the forums and hope Dowell has a great time with you. We try to keep an eye each season on our players out on loan - this season's thread is over here and will get up and running with match reports, comments, etc. once the season starts. Any comments you have during the season would be welcome. Would you recommend any particular Forest forum to keep an eye on? Currently I've got ForestFans.net bookmarked.

Then why waste time on giving him games pre-season?

Preseason is not real life. If we lost any one of those games, no one really cares. It actually is a learning experience, so pretty much anyone who might play any minutes this season gets a kick of the ball.
Dowell is certainly good enough to play senior football, and there was probably a real chance that he could have stayed as a squad player.
What playing time would he really have seen though? Fifteen minutes from time to time at the end of games that are already won or lost?
Do we agree that the team that starts against Stoke should be the one with the best chance of winning that game? If there is a secondary purpose to the selection, shouldn't it be to bed in a settled team for the following four or so games?
Based on Dowell's performances to date, could you really start him in ten days time? If he's not starting for us isn't it better for his development at this stage to go somewhere that he will?

Doesn't bode well for Dowell in my opinion, I think he won't get an opportunity with us.

We have lads younger given first team opportunities, while we have spent just under 40 million on wide player in two Windows, one of who is younger and has played in the first team in Lookman.

Elsewhere we have/will drop 75mill on no 10s this window.

Putting the lad out to pasture to get his training costs back in a loan fee, put him in a championship shop window and sell him on next year.

Pity I rate the lad.

Would you advise Juan Mata, David Silva, Mesut Ozil to 'toughen up'?

There's some terrible points of view amongst our supporters that all our players should be like caged fighters if they look to have a lot of talent.

It's like just having talent isn't enough...it;s not to be trusted unless it's able to smash an opponent to bits too.

This from the fans of a club that prides itself on being called the School of Science...more gladiator school.

Unreal.

And where did I say that players should be like cage fighters? Or be able to smash players to bits. Pathetic arguments.

And just having talent isn't enough. Of course it isn't. Plenty of very 'talented' players have failed.

Doesn't bode well for Dowell in my opinion, I think he won't get an opportunity with us.

We have lads younger given first team opportunities, while we have spent just under 40 million on wide player in two Windows, one of who is younger and has played in the first team in Lookman.

Putting the lad out to pasture to get his training costs back in a loan fee, put him in a championship shop window and sell him on next year.

Pity I rate the lad.
I have absolutely no idea what you have just said ...........But I'm sure you'll be OK in the morning !

Pity I rate the lad.
I tend to agree. However I would add I don't think he's a wide player. Yes he can play there but to me he's a number 10. When I've seen him play he really comes to life when he's moved into the middle. He find spaces between the lines, he's got an excellent football brain and has got a great eye for a pass. He also knows where the net is. He's basically the number 10 that people thought Barkley was. He's a real talent in my opinion.

I tend to agree. However I would add I don't think he's a wide player. Yes he can play there but to me he's a number 10. When I've seen him play he really comes to life when he's moved into the middle. He find spaces between the lines, he's got an excellent football brain and has got a great eye for a pass. He also knows where the net is. He's basically the number 10 that people thought Barkley was. He's a real talent in my opinion.

I agree wholeheartedly mate, but realistically he isn't getting a game there ahead of Rooney, Klassen or Gylfi.

He would have to play on the flank or at inside forward, similar to DCL.

He made his debut two seasons ago now at 18 and almost nothing since, its ominous for the lid.

Status
Not open for further replies.