2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
They called Barkley thick. Others on here have too. That's ok if I say that's wrong then isn't it?

I personally view any player who has the opportunity to play for Everton, and turns their back on that honour to be stupid.

To have been brought up and nurtured by the club, having been helped through a dreadful, career threatening double leg break, and at the moment when a new stadium is in the pipeline, new owner and new investment... wants to leave.

It's too nice to even brand him as thick. He is beyond even that imo.

You can't possibly be suggesting people here read that rag. That could be really quite offensive you know.

Perhaps I've misunderstood.
You have misunderstood.

How does it follow from that above that I'm saying these people read the S*n? I was very careful not to place that slur in any post.

Ok fair enough and thanks for being clear.
As I've just been saying to Andy C - I would never level that accusation at any Evertonian. If those people I've been debating with thought that then they have my word that was never my intention.

No point selling him for 15/20m

Keep him here as you won't be able to find someone as good for the same price

Absolute disappointment with all sides of it.

I'm a bit bewildered by it all really. I wonder if his advisors have just had their bluff called, or alternatively whether he doesn't fancy the pressures of being the local hero.

I am not angry or upset by it, just saddened. If ever there was a stage to perform on it should be it for Barkley. Rooney is back, Davies and others breaking through, all set for him to nail his consistency and be a talisman. A very decent long term deal waiting. What more could he want?

Status
Not open for further replies.