2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even after all this time of not signing, I'm still surprised by this. On the surface it feels like such a strange decision.

I'm disappointed as I still remember reading his name in the youth team threads with posters saying how excited the coaches were over a lad in the ranks called Barkley. From then, to making his debut under Moyes, to showing great ability in Everton blue like running the length of the pitch & slotting away at Newcastle. It's been a journey that I always felt would end in him really becoming a key player for us for years.

But as the contract has remained unsigned and the months have passed, I've lost interest in if Ross goes or not. As someone who remembers Stuart Barlow up front, Carl Tiler signing for us and Tobias Linderoth in midfield, it's such an exciting time to be an Evertonian that even an academy diamond leaving is water off a ducks back. If Ross wants to go and compete with a team like Tottenham's star-studded midfield to get a game then good luck to him. I'm more interested in watching the new Everton, now who we signing next?

Really torn on this one. The romantic in me wanted him to go on and be a home grown Everton great. I had hoped he would stay on one more year and play behind a different centre forward as I really don't think lukakus lack of hold up play helped him. But the realist in me says he had over four years to develop into the player we hoped he would and despite odd glimpses of incredible talent for the most part it just didn't happen. I agree with previous posters that he slows the game down to much taking one or two too many touches or trying to beat his man when moving it on quickly was the right option. I have a niggling feeling he might link well with Kane at spurs but could quite as easily end up as a bang average player at Newcastle or West ham.

No. Most dont. Why would they think that? You think you can get through a football career without taking on complex instruction on tactics and all the performance analysis data they have to get on top of?

He has got the the first team on raw talent... he has been given time to play in the first team because of that talent. The thinking is... you can teach the tactics and the bits and pieces your referring to , but can't teach someone to shoot with both feet, be athletic etc. the fact that it's the bit that is meant to come with experience, that ross can't improve would suggest he runs on instinct rather than being able to calculate and decide things. So in other words .... tactically stupid, add that into his dancing videos, the fact he looks like he's about to blow his load playing rock , paper , scissors , the fact he goes out on the town and gets himself in stupid situations , the way he's handled his contract etc would suggest he is also stupid in general life

He has got the the first team on raw talent... he has been given time to play in the first team because of that talent. The thinking is... you can teach the tactics and the bits and pieces your referring to , but can't teach someone to shoot with both feet, be athletic etc. the fact that it's the bit that is meant to come with experience, that ross can't improve would suggest he runs on instinct rather than being able to calculate and decide things. So in other words .... tactically stupid, add that into his dancing videos, the fact he looks like he's about to blow his load playing rock , paper , scissors , the fact he goes out on the town and gets himself in stupid situations , the way he's handled his contract etc would suggest he is also stupid in general life
How, when most argue he;s progressed under Koeman? That means he takes onboard instruction doesn';t it?

How, when most argue he;s progressed under Koeman? That means he takes onboard instruction doesn';t it?

He progressed by upping his work rate for about 10 games.. BY TUNNING and TACKLING.... to be honest it shouldn't have taken him till the age of 24 to realise that when you don't have the football , you must try and get it back.

Where is Ross?

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.