Is anyone else worried

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling people are way way underestimating what Baines has to offer, and what he will offer if we have more quality and 'smarts' up front when we exit the window

Its boss, the list of players written off already is insane Williams, Jags, Barry, Baines, Besic, Mirallas, Bolasie all deemed rubbish/old/injury prone, all will play a part this season.

Maybe Baines will start crossing more when we have a player who actually heads a ball.
Most crosses are driven low anyways these days. It's less about scoring headers and more about spreading the pitch. If you keep the ball in the middle, they will neutralize you every time.

I have a feeling people are way way underestimating what Baines has to offer, and what he will offer if we have more quality and 'smarts' up front when we exit the window
I wasn't bashing the quality of the players as much as I was questioning our performances once Coleman went down. We really strayed from our system and played the game in the middle. Baines never really got involved for whatever reason.

I'm happy with our window to this point .... but the bottom line is we have a lot of goals to replace. A legitimate proven PL striker would go a long way in calming some fears. Our midfield looks strong but I don't think it has as many goals in it as Rom + Ross last season.

Its boss, the list of players written off already is insane Williams, Jags, Barry, Baines, Besic, Mirallas, Bolasie all deemed rubbish/old/injury prone, all will play a part this season.

Bolasie no, but then again I don't hate him or think he is crap...just wish we hadn't signed him.

I love those laser guided passes from Baines from deep down the line into the strikers feet at the edge of the area and also the ones where a cross is expected from the wing and instead he plays it to an oncoming midfielders feet by pinging it low and hard across the edge of the area.

They haven't happened so often in the last couple season, but Christ I expect us to have way better movement and positioning in those attacking areas next season and he will have more options.

Bolasie no, but then again I don't hate him or think he is crap...just wish we hadn't signed him.

I love those laser guided passes from Baines from deep down the line into the strikers feet at the edge of the area and also the ones where a cross is expected from the wing and instead he plays it to an oncoming midfielders feet by pinging it low and hard across the edge of the area.

They haven't happened so often in the last couple season, but Christ I expect us to have way better movement and positioning in those attacking areas next season and he will have more options.

We won't see bolasie kick a ball well ok play a game until 2018 I imagine

Is anyone else worried about are lack of strikers at the club who can put the ball in the net?

My concern is the the board, koeman every man and his dog knew Lukaku was leaving and we have not replaced him, with a proven forward.

I know people are going to say Sandro... he has not proven yet, plus he is the only one.

Surely they would have lined someone up?
In a word, no. We will sign at least one more. Besides, we are signing midfielders and wide players with goals in them.

Baines is still one of the best passers in the team... he just needs to get forward more lol. He is an expert at those driven low balls into the box.

I'm delighted as it's been a great window so far and we're much stronger than we were. But, if we want to seriously challenge the top 4 then we need 2 or 3 more and they'll need to be top class.

Status
Not open for further replies.