Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBF a 30 million asking price is equally as ridiculous as offering 8 million IF it's true of course.

Again, we have no idea of the accuracy of the article, but if they are bang on the money this time (LOL) then one thing is for sure, little has changed and it's gonna be one long frustrating summer yet again.
We're asking an equally ridiculous fee for Lukaku.

If that's what the selling club want, then that is what we must pay.

Look how much we had to fork out for that donkey, Bolasie.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see, but the early signs are that it is the same old Everton.

That's what we want though isn't it mate, surely. We have so many areas to strengthen this summer, what's the sense in negotiating one deal for about 4 weeks just to (attempt to) knock about £3m off the price? We need to start thinking and acting like a big club now.

A Sunderland fan himself said :

Just read on your Echo site you made a £8m bid :blush:

Bloody hell we're crap and skint but that's not even close to an offer that will get him it'll have to be nearer £20m with a few add ons imo

it'd have to be nearer £20m , nearer . I can't talk for Sunderland but people on here value our players are ridiculous amounts so if apply the same consideration I wouldn't be paying above and beyond to get a deal done this week on may 31st .

If it's into July then maybe you need to wrap things up but we don't play in Tanzania til the 13th Do we ? The first Europa game is end of July so saying it's only £3m , when it could be more , to try to rush through a deal when it's some time until they're back training would seem foolish to be honest .

I think Everton might have to pay over the odds to secure transfers but that also has to be selective it doesn't mean just throwing money at every deal regardless of timescale. Unnecessarily Paying £3-5m extra to secure a deal in May , early June really , seems incredibly wasteful to me regardless of rescources.

That donkey that was assisting nearly every game.

Crap player.

Unlike many others I'm a fan but the board get absolutely crucified in these pages for squandering Money and paying well over the odds for him by the same people it seems that want us to pay well over the odds for pickford.

Wouldn't want to pay over £20m for him to be fair, feel we could get better value abroad for more than that. But still, £8m is a shocking open offer, reeks of Bill.

If we got him for £15m then you'd be happy ? Because plenty of others would apparently pay £30m now just to get the deal done , why not negotiate ? If that is what's happening. At this time of the closed season I don't see a negative to be honest . If it's late July or August then I'll take the point .

We're asking an equally ridiculous fee for Lukaku.

If that's what the selling club want, then that is what we must pay.

Look how much we had to fork out for that donkey, Bolasie.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see, but the early signs are that it is the same old Everton.
Take your point, but the two clubs are in completely different bargaining positions. Sunderland have just got relegated and are heavily in debt.

You can't blame them for wanting as much as they possibly can for their only saleable asset, but they need to be a bit careful as they apparently need this sale.

I can see this one dragging on all summer and Sunderland eventually relenting and accepting much less than they were hoping for.

Not necessarily from us, we may have moved on by then.

Unlike many others I'm a fan but the board get absolutely crucified in these pages for squandering Money and paying well over the odds for him by the same people it seems that want us to pay well over the odds for pickford.
Oh I know, same here, as frustrating as he is. Very much a wild card of a player.

And it's not as if we weren't gonna pay 20m or so anyway, as the market was insane. The extra 5 or whatever over it is uneventful.

Where did the Echo get figure of £8m for Pickford from?

Seems incredibly low.Is that his buyout or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.