Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahrez has asked for a transfer at Leicester.

I wonder if Walsh wants to fetch him here.

I'd get a boner if we managed to get him in the basket.

I could see him leading us into the top 4 and even walkie'ing us to the premiership title.

Woof woof.

Exactly. Do we want Pickford or not? He's been linked for a while now so I'd guess there is genuine interest there but 8 million bids won't even get Sunderland around the negotiating table ffs.

It's entirely believable though isn't it? We've done this kind of thing now for years and it smacks of same old.

Look how long the "negotiating" took for Schneiderlin in January. The wheels were said to be in motion way before January but it took all month and a public strop from the manager to get what was a seemingly straight forward deal done! We wanted him, United were willing sellers, the player wanted to come and the money was there so why take so long?

It's the nit picking over tiny details that Kenwright is renowned for. We have so much to do this summer both in and out and just look at how long we usually take doing one deal let alone several.

You're absolutely right about the Schneiderlin thing. Then when he signed there were people all over here and Twitter going "see, Bill's saved us £2m on the fee after all this, where are the haters now???". Well actually, not haggling over £2m for a full week might have meant that we'd have had Schneiderlin for the FA Cup game against Leicester instead of playing Barry there, so we're still here.

Exactly. Do we want Pickford or not? He's been linked for a while now so I'd guess there is genuine interest there but 8 million bids won't even get Sunderland around the negotiating table ffs.

It's entirely believable though isn't it? We've done this kind of thing now for years and it smacks of same old.

Look how long the "negotiating" took for Schneiderlin in January. The wheels were said to be in motion way before January but it took all month and a public strop from the manager to get what was a seemingly straight forward deal done! We wanted him, United were willing sellers, the player wanted to come and the money was there so why take so long?

It's the nit picking over tiny details that Kenwright is renowned for. We have so much to do this summer both in and out and just look at how long we usually take doing one deal let alone several.

So if we want Pickford you'd bid £30m , boom no messing around . Straight in with the £30m , making a lad with 28 league appearances for a relegated side the second most expensive goalie ever without a seconds thought ? Failure to bid £30m somehow means there is something wrong with moshiri or finances ?

If we want the lad and the story is true we've started negotiations, isn't that a good thing ?

So if we want Pickford you'd bid £30m , boom no messing around . Straight in with the £30m , making a lad with 28 league appearances for a relegated side the second most expensive goalie ever without a seconds thought ? Failure to bid £30m somehow means there is something wrong with moshiri or finances ?

If we want the lad and the story is true we've started negotiations, isn't that a good thing ?

Bidding £8m is a complete and utter waste of time, no less than when United bid £20m for Baines and Fellaini which we all laughed at. If the opening bid was say £15m-£20m then fair enough.

Bidding £8m is a complete and utter waste of time, no less than when United bid £20m for Baines and Fellaini which we all laughed at. If the opening bid was say £15m-£20m then fair enough.

If it's true , if, I'd guess it's probably £8m as part of a structured deal but I've genuinely no idea . I'd suspect Sunderland could well accept £20m fairly quickly so I might not be dropping my opening bid at that personally . We've no idea on the nature of any negotiations but I certainly wouldn't be offering £30m on day one , that's RS negotiationing tactics .

That bid was £28m I think , they did end up buying fellaini though didn't they , although they did miss out on the release clause if I recall.

If it's true , if, I'd guess it's probably £8m as part of a structured deal but I've genuinely no idea . I'd suspect Sunderland could well accept £20m fairly quickly so I might not be dropping my opening bid at that personally . We've no idea on the nature of any negotiations but I certainly wouldn't be offering £30m on day one , that's RS negotiationing tactics .

That bid was £28m I think , they did end up buying fellaini though didn't they , although they did miss out on the release clause if I recall.

That's what we want though isn't it mate, surely. We have so many areas to strengthen this summer, what's the sense in negotiating one deal for about 4 weeks just to (attempt to) knock about £3m off the price? We need to start thinking and acting like a big club now.

Status
Not open for further replies.