Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't get anywhere near a dreadful united team, am quivering that he will be used as a sweetener in any Lukaku deal and we lose the leagues most prolific striker and gain an overweight, disinterested poor centre mid.

And those who say he's this and that, this player is still going at 39 (totti) etc, those lads didn't disrespect their body like our Wayne has every summer for the last 12. Look at Ricky Hatton and look at the boxers he was miles better than who've had better careers than him.

Yes soz, Didnt want to hijack the thread, Just interested is all. Much respect mate, tough job that...
As is Getting Rooney to Everton..
Phew !!!!

Dont find it tough if I am honest. Have to be organised like, but had 80 today, finished by 2.15. Non of the drop times that you maybe had, literally, plan my route and that on my own.

When the weather is bad, can be a bit crap then mind.

Jim White has been very quiet about Everton/Rooney recently. Reckon he got stung by the 99.99999% signed from the agent. Phew.

I'd have him NEA. A winner and leader who could teach Ross a thing or two. Convinced he's more than capable for at least another year or two also.

Mourinho not playing him doesn't make him a bad player.

Can't get anywhere near a dreadful united team, am quivering that he will be used as a sweetener in any Lukaku deal and we lose the leagues most prolific striker and gain an overweight, disinterested poor centre mid.

Probably more down to him and Mourinho falling out.

He'll play now they've got injuries

The lads only 31 though. I remember watching him as a teenager and thinking this lads spacial awareness, technique and brain will mean he can play well into his 30's. The obvious issue was going to be the physical deterioration as he carries a pound or two.

I think he has the perfect manager for that though. He will get him fit. I also think Koeman will respect and understand what he offers beyond just the on field stuff, being a player himself who offered Feyenoord a lot at a similar time of his career. I think Wayne has been drifting at United and needs the fitness regime of Kluttenberg and the desire to get into decent shape for one last hit at his home town club. The lad has lots to offer but it's not being brought out at United yet.

If he can't hack it, lets face it, he will be moved on to China or America for megamoney quite quickly.

The bolded bit says everything to me.

We all remember him as a teenager, that was 16 (!) years ago. He has played week in and week out during that time at the top level with a lot of effort and rarely got summer breaks due to international tournaments or pre season mad excursions.

Its an awful lot to ask/expect him to still be able to go after all that time. He is still fairly young in normal years but in football years he is ancient.

In terms of Rooney going to China or US, I think his main goal is to play at the 2018 World Cup. If he goes to China or America that won't happen. If he stays in the Premier League and does well (maybe for us) then he will almost certainly get in the squad.

I struggle with it myself but I think if it is a free transfer with wages up to £150k a week then it's worth it. Sign him on a 2 year deal, if he's rubbish (and wants a Chinese payday) then we will make a profit.

images

In terms of Rooney going to China or US, I think his main goal is to play at the 2018 World Cup. If he goes to China or America that won't happen. If he stays in the Premier League and does well (maybe for us) then he will almost certainly get in the squad.

I struggle with it myself but I think if it is a free transfer with wages up to £150k a week then it's worth it. Sign him on a 2 year deal, if he's rubbish (and wants a Chinese payday) then we will make a profit.
Unfortunately I think Wayne will b playing the 2018 W/C on Fifa only, that's if he can figure out the controls

And those who say he's this and that, this player is still going at 39 (totti) etc, those lads didn't disrespect their body like our Wayne has every summer for the last 12. Look at Ricky Hatton and look at the boxers he was miles better than who've had better careers than him.

Which fighters out of interest, Hatton had a great career, won the world title in his hometown city, bar the farcical comeback was only beaten by two of the best of his generation in packed out headline Vegas bouts.

Would rather we didn't sign Rooney myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.