Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
...as per my post a week ago, 2 year deal agreed with a Chinese club. Wife and kids are remaining in Cheshire.

Whilst I have no doubt at all about the veracity of your source mate, y'know, I do struggle to see Rooney sitting in China for months on end, with just presumably a few mates with him, with his family back here.

Not even for the cash lobbed his way.

This sounds like good news all round. Not only is he a fat, lazy, has been. But this China move also allows me to keep up my agenda of labelling him a greedy, selfish, money grabbing manc. He probably thinks he can take his pay day over there and still come back here in 3 years time and get a hero's welcome.

No Wayne. You had your chance. You blew it. Enjoy being scorned by the city you claimed was your own.

there's more to life than money and I think he would struggle big time if he was over there without his kids and wife. Not exactly easy to take a flight and nip home for a couple of days.

Whilst I have no doubt at all about the veracity of your source mate, y'know, I do struggle to see Rooney sitting in China for months on end, with just presumably a few mates with him, with his family back here.

Not even for the cash lobbed his way.
I'm sure there's lots of older ladies of the night who can help him fill his time.

there's more to life than money and I think he would struggle big time if he was over there without his kids and wife. Not exactly easy to take a flight and nip home for a couple of days.

Wayne doesnt grab you as the type of bloke who would relish the challenge of the language, or look forward to discovering the myriad cultural differences and sights on offer does he?

Rooney has been making huge money since he was eighteen, the current contract is the icing on the cake.

Everything I see, hear and read about Rooney tells me that he would struggle to go to America, nevermind China.

It does however sound like a deal that Stretford would set up, a final payday for Rooney... and Stretford.

Ironically, because Stretford has been so good at making Rooney so rich he has absolutely no need to go anywhere to earn more money, what possible difference could it make to him.

He could move to Everton and probably earn 100k per week. He could stay at Utd and continue to earn 250k per week and never leave home.

It may not be Everton, but I doubt he will go to China.

Wayne doesnt grab you as the type of bloke who would relish the challenge of the language, or look forward to discovering the myriad cultural differences and sights on offer does he?

not one bit mate, I just can't see if happening unless he really is insistent on getting ridiculous amounts of money and is willing to miss the majority of his kids growing up for 2 years.

I just can't picture it mate. MLS I think would be perhaps more tempting but then again I'd be weary of that as even Slippy G didn't realise that he'd be away from his family 3/4 days of the week due to the amount of travelling to away games. I think he thought it would be a nice and easy way to retire.

...as per my post a week ago, 2 year deal agreed with a Chinese club. Wife and kids are remaining in Cheshire.
I'd be amazed if that happened. Not doubting you like.

TBH, I'd be relieved if he stayed away from GP. I'd rather have the memories of his senior appearances here when he was more or less in his pomp than see a washed up player donning the royal blue, which is what he is now I fear.

He does however strike me as a simpleton that hasn't taken any of those things into consideration and is just sat there with a glazed look in his eyes going "money good Wayne like money"

Status
Not open for further replies.