Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he has decided on China it could be that he realises he won't be able to return to Everton as a first team player, his declining abilities surely mean he will spend most of his time on the bench at best ,with perhaps the occasional run out in the early rounds of the cups. After all if he's not good enough for a team just above us why would he expect to get in our first eleven.
Go to China make loads more money and play first team footy mate, you know it makes sense. ;)

He does however strike me as a simpleton that hasn't taken any of those things into consideration and is just sat there with a glazed look in his eyes going "money good Wayne like money"

Not a difficult conclusion to draw is it?

Whilst not in a footballers range, not even a little bit close, for enough years I managed somehow to earn a very good wage. Needed to.

Then when I realised I didnt need to, I didnt, and now deliver parcels, which I love.

Rooney has the commercial profile to make a decent living from football for many years yet, whether its playing, media, coaching, whatever.

Adding a few million to an already, what , £50m plus bank account at the expense of missing the best years as a Dad?

Seems odd.

Whilst not in a footballers range, not even a little bit close, for enough years I managed somehow to earn a very good wage. Needed to.

Then when I realised I didnt need to, I didnt, and now deliver parcels, which I love.

Rooney has the commercial profile to make a decent living from football for many years yet, whether its playing, media, coaching, whatever.

Adding a few million to an already, what , £50m plus bank account at the expense of missing the best years as a Dad?

Seems odd.

Footballers are not like us though. They don't think like us, Rooney has never had to live in the real world, he's been a Premier League footballer since he was at school. His motivations are a million miles removed from what ours would be, he's been a money making machine his entire adult life, it's all he's known.

I would be very much surprised that he will leave the area and very much doubt China for the payday unless we really aren't interested in him returning. I could the States then if anywhere.

Footballers are not like us though. They don't think like us, Rooney has never had to live in the real world, he's been a Premier League footballer since he was at school. His motivations are a million miles removed from what ours would be, he's been a money making machine his entire adult life, it's all he's known.

Guess so. Bit sad really.

I'd be amazed if that happened. Not doubting you like.

TBH, I'd be relieved if he stayed away from GP. I'd rather have the memories of his senior appearances here when he was more or less in his pomp than see a washed up player donning the royal blue, which is what he is now I fear.

The thing about him coming back, it's all about the fairytale ending etc, and a lot - myself included have discounted how he has looked for United over the last few (3-4) seasons - but especially this one, and convince ourselves it's all about being demotivated at united, not happy etc, and once here we would see him for a year or two roll back the clock.

Problem with that thinking though is a simple one, we may be utterly and completely wrong and no amount of motivation will stop what may be a very steep and permanent decline in him, in which case we would be left for however long a contract he is on paying 150k or so per week for a player we don't want anymore and who then adds nothing to the team and ends up being a sideshow...

Different situation obviously - but think about Kendall version 2 and 3, in hindsight wished we had just had that Golden period as a player and manager first time around as our memory (especially in regards to his third time here)

Footballer being thick, shock horror.

Kin ell have you ever tried talking to the lids at our away games ??? "Fkin lad, lad, fkin wool, lad, beak , erm erm, lad lad fkin lad, know war a mean lad"

The thing about him coming back, it's all about the fairytale ending etc, and a lot - myself included have discounted how he has looked for United over the last few (3-4) seasons - but especially this one, and convince ourselves it's all about being demotivated at united, not happy etc, and once here we would see him for a year or two roll back the clock.

Problem with that thinking though is a simple one, we may be utterly and completely wrong and no amount of motivation will stop what may be a very steep and permanent decline in him, in which case we would be left for however long a contract he is on paying 150k or so per week for a player we don't want anymore and who then adds nothing to the team and ends up being a sideshow...

Different situation obviously - but think about Kendall version 2 and 3, in hindsight wished we had just had that Golden period as a player and manager first time around as our memory (especially in regards to his third time here)

The lads only 31 though. I remember watching him as a teenager and thinking this lads spacial awareness, technique and brain will mean he can play well into his 30's. The obvious issue was going to be the physical deterioration as he carries a pound or two.

I think he has the perfect manager for that though. He will get him fit. I also think Koeman will respect and understand what he offers beyond just the on field stuff, being a player himself who offered Feyenoord a lot at a similar time of his career. I think Wayne has been drifting at United and needs the fitness regime of Kluttenberg and the desire to get into decent shape for one last hit at his home town club. The lad has lots to offer but it's not being brought out at United yet.

If he can't hack it, lets face it, he will be moved on to China or America for megamoney quite quickly.

I like Rooney, and if this was a deal made two years ago it would have been just about worth it. But now it'd look like one of those "bring a blue home" type signings that Bill used to do to pacify his detractors 10 to 15 years ago.

I dont see an Indian summer. He's one of those players who look shot as soon as a certain age is reached. He had a long career - it's just that he front loaded it and played a lot of top flight footy when a boy.

Swerve.

Seems odd.
Roydo, Former package van driver myself may I ask who you work for and is it multi drop ?? If so, Wow I did 8 years at ups and I couldnt think of anything worse...young mans game that !!! Good for you if that's the nicer life. Blummin eck lad !!!

Roydo, Former package van driver myself may I ask who you work for and is it multi drop ?? If so, Wow I did 8 years at ups and I couldnt think of anything worse...young mans game that !!! Good for you if that's the nicer life. Blummin eck lad !!!

I guess its multi drop, yeah. Bit off topic, well, loads actually, but I am a neighbour hood courier for Yodel. They deliver circa 60 to 90 drops to me, and I potter about my area for a few hours in my van. Love it.

And have Talksport on, and they talk about Wayne Rooney. Phew!

The lads only 31 though. I remember watching him as a teenager and thinking this lads spacial awareness, technique and brain will mean he can play well into his 30's. The obvious issue was going to be the physical deterioration as he carries a pound or two.

I think he has the perfect manager for that though. He will get him fit. I also think Koeman will respect and understand what he offers beyond just the on field stuff, being a player himself who offered Feyenoord a lot at a similar time of his career. I think Wayne has been drifting at United and needs the fitness regime of Kluttenberg and the desire to get into decent shape for one last hit at his home town club. The lad has lots to offer but it's not being brought out at United yet.

If he can't hack it, lets face it, he will be moved on to China or America for megamoney quite quickly.
I know I'll be accused of being naive here but I do think if he does end up back at GP it's because he will want it to happen. Therefore he will give up the huge wage packet and take say 80k a week, will accept that he won't play every week but the trade off for him is the chance to maybe play for Everton at Wembley, qualify for the CL with us or God forbid win a league at GP. If he's not willing to make the trade off he isn't worth having

I guess its multi drop, yeah. Bit off topic, well, loads actually, but I am a neighbour hood courier for Yodel. They deliver circa 60 to 90 drops to me, and I potter about my area for a few hours in my van. Love it.

And have Talksport on, and they talk about Wayne Rooney. Phew!
Yes soz, Didnt want to hijack the thread, Just interested is all. Much respect mate, tough job that...
As is Getting Rooney to Everton..
Phew !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.