Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont find it tough if I am honest. Have to be organised like, but had 80 today, finished by 2.15. Non of the drop times that you maybe had, literally, plan my route and that on my own.

When the weather is bad, can be a bit crap then mind.

Jim White has been very quiet about Everton/Rooney recently. Reckon he got stung by the 99.99999% signed from the agent. Phew.
Used to do 80 ish round basingstoke...many timed deliverys..8, 10.30, 12.00 or eobd's it was great somedays but it nearly finished me...have nothing but respect for the lads who still do it...very few give the drivers the respect they are due. Working under pressure...against rushhour traffic....any speeding or parking fines are normally paid for by the lads who are delivering the pap you scroats are ordering from amazon et al...if you see a delivery truck struggling in traffic ???
LET EM OUT FFS !!!

As should Rooneys trousers.....phew !!

Is it just me who isn't fazed if we get him or not?

He's sadly well past it. Maybe he'll get a second lease of life? But at the moment he's offering nothing to me, to suggest he will.

Which fighters out of interest, Hatton had a great career, won the world title in his hometown city, bar the farcical comeback was only beaten by two of the best of his generation in packed out headline Vegas bouts.

Would rather we didn't sign Rooney myself.

He was also effectively a finished fighter at 28, and lost to the only two genuine absolutely top level fighters he fought - and both by KO mate.

Then again most of the best British boxers have a habit of nowhere near maximising their potential for various reasons (lack of discipline, personal problems, losing desire etc), McGuigan, Hamed, Hatton, Honeyghan, Conteh all could have gone down as all time greats but ultimately are remembered as just decent fighters now

..it's what I was told from a good source but I agree with @roydo that it doesn't really make sense. Perhaps his camp are giving out duff information on purpose. We'll soon see.

Makes sense if his agent has been foiled on getting a big money move for him that he will try to suggest its still on and see if we come up with more for him mate.

Honestly either way - dunno how i feel about it anyway, the old wary Evertonian in me says that bringing him back could very easily be used as a smokescreen PR wise to deflect from losing Rom or Ross, OR could be used to cover for a lack of spending in the summer

Used to do 80 ish round basingstoke...many timed deliverys..8, 10.30, 12.00 or eobd's it was great somedays but it nearly finished me...have nothing but respect for the lads who still do it...very few give the drivers the respect they are due. Working under pressure...against rushhour traffic....any speeding or parking fines are normally paid for by the lads who are delivering the pap you scroats are ordering from amazon et al...if you see a delivery truck struggling in traffic ???
LET EM OUT FFS !!!

As should Rooneys trousers.....phew !!
And they drive like utter arse holes. Speeding round without seat belts while using the phone. Yodel, dpd et al... I understand time constraints and being self employed. And that's what is wrong. These companies encourage people to fly around to be able to meet their quota. It's just wrong.

Anyway. I've changed my mind on Rooney. I don't think we need him any longer, other than to encourage other players to sign for us.

And they drive like utter arse holes. Speeding round without seat belts while using the phone. Yodel, dpd et al... I understand time constraints and being self employed. And that's what is wrong. These companies encourage people to fly around to be able to meet their quota. It's just wrong.

Anyway. I've changed my mind on Rooney. I don't think we need him any longer, other than to encourage other players to sign for us.
Wholeheartedly agree there !!
Regarding Rooney though your second part is exactly why we should sign him...Even if its just for 12 months. It would show the league we are serious. That is of course if we keep Lukaku and Ross. If signing Rooney because of them leaving...hell no.

..it's what I was told from a good source but I agree with @roydo that it doesn't really make sense. Perhaps his camp are giving out duff information on purpose. We'll soon see.

Just doesn't stack up for me.... Who would leave thier family, young boys and wife at an age when time is so precious and special to go and live in China?

Money is no object for them, they came rags to riches, they have strong families,

It's a big no from me.....he will be in a blue shirt next season commuting home every night to his family after training without no disruption to thier current lives IMO

Just doesn't stack up for me.... Who would leave thier family, young boys and wife at an age when time is so precious and special to go and live in China?

Money is no object for them, they came rags to riches, they have strong families,

It's a big no from me.....he will be in a blue shirt next season commuting home every night to his family after training without no disruption to thier current lives IMO

...I don't disagree but I'm just passing on what I was told. Apparently Stretford has been out there a fair bit of late tying up the detail. As you indicate, perhaps they are trying to throw people off the scent.

Regardless what happens Rooney is owed approx 30£mil across two years. Assuming his deal with us is 150k a week he is still entitled to 15 mil from man utd. My gut feel is he will transfer for free with a large signing bonus. If he can't deal with 20-30£mil across too years he can koff that is plenty for a player of his declining ability

Status
Not open for further replies.