Match Thread Everton v Leicester (Sunday 9 April, 16.00)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great result today, 1st match I've been to since Moyes Utd got tonked (thanks work) thought we played well for most of the game. Two bad goals to concede. Still thought we will win though and did.
Davies and Jags stood out for me today.

Lukaku got his customary goal against the SMALL teams of the league.

you can now see how huge MS is for us and how the game went scrappy after he was taken off, the lads just runs games and bosses the midfield with Gana and Davies

Really good win that. Leicester are a team in form and we showed a lot of character to take control of the game and see it out.

With that midfield of Schneiderlin, Gueye and Davies we will pick up a lot of points at home.

It's weird where we are, being so much better than the rest but still not as good as the top six. Or maybe it was just typical timing they Schneiderlin was injured for the Liverpool and United games. Would he have made a difference to the results?

Coleman, Williams and Funes Mori out of the defence today. Still brought the points home. With a few signings in the summer there's a genuinely very good squad, not just team, forming at Everton.

Watch back that game and keep tabs on how often Gueye wins the ball in important areas or covers their breaking players. Can't believe we got him for just £7m and that Villa got relegated with him.

Mirallas had a fantastic game. We've got some options up front for the remainder of the season like.

Chelsea at home and Arsenal away are litmus tests.

Really good win that. Leicester are a team in form and we showed a lot of character to take control of the game and see it out.

With that midfield of Schneiderlin, Gueye and Davies we will pick up a lot of points at home.

It's weird where we are, being so much better than the rest but still not as good as the top six. Or maybe it was just typical timing they Schneiderlin was injured for the Liverpool and United games. Would he have made a difference to the results?

Coleman, Williams and Funes Mori out of the defence today. Still brought the points home. With a few signings in the summer there's a genuinely very good squad, not just team, forming at Everton.

Watch back that game and keep tabs on how often Gueye wins the ball in important areas or covers their breaking players. Can't believe we got him for just £7m and that Villa got relegated with him.

Mirallas had a fantastic game. We've got some options up front for the remainder of the season like.

Chelsea at home and Arsenal away are litmus tests.

Gana's ace, one hell of an engine on the lad and we have much more energy in the midfield than we have for a while, it's not that long ago that we only had McCarthy making any real effort to put themselves about. Leicester weren't all that, but you can only beat what's put in front of you and other such cliches.

Koeman's slowly turning things round, and, even if he sees us a stepping stone, which he doubtless does, he has to prove himself here, so he's well motivated. Almost as important is the slow turnaround in the media and the realisation among them that we could well be in the hunt for top four next season. In itself, that will change the attitude within the club.

If Wenger's gone public on his contract by then, Arsenal away as the last game could well be a weird one to be at.

Gana's ace, one hell of an engine on the lad and we have much more energy in the midfield than we have for a while, it's not that long ago that we only had McCarthy making any real effort to put themselves about. Leicester weren't all that, but you can only beat what's put in front of you and other such cliches.

Koeman's slowly turning things round, and, even if he sees us a stepping stone, which he doubtless does, he has to prove himself here, so he's well motivated. Almost as important is the slow turnaround in the media and the realisation among them that we could well be in the hunt for top four next season. In itself, that will change the attitude within the club.

If Wenger's gone public on his contract by then, Arsenal away as the last game could well be a weird one to be at.
Ronko's snakey shithouse blues ruining Wenger's goodbye party would be essential viewing.

Ronko's snakey shithouse blues ruining Wenger's goodbye party would be essential viewing.

I had a debate the other day with someone about the game at the Emirates. If we're winning 3-0 with two minutes to go could we sing "Sacked in the morning" if he wasn't renewing his contract ? I'd be willing to give it a go and be criticised for inaccuracy, mind you, if we're winning 3-0 at the Emirates I'd probably be pinching myself.

Tbh Barry has always put himself about just hasn't really had the speed to chase much so ended up with snide kicks instead!

Think the formation has helped as with having the three midfielders they get to share the workload so can keep the pace up better.

Tbh Barry has always put himself about just hasn't really had the speed to chase much so ended up with snide kicks instead!

Think the formation has helped as with having the three midfielders they get to share the workload so can keep the pace up better.

As much as I love Gareth Barry, I have to acknowledge that high pressing is never, and based on what city fans have said, has never been his game. He's far too cool to be running needlessly after people.

Status
Not open for further replies.