Ronald Koeman

Ronald Koeman...good choice for us?

• yes, he'll get us top 6 and stability

• no, it's uninspiring even if top 6 is back on

• josé on toast

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if any of have bt sport go on the on demand section and click on the " meet the managers" bit is a feature length interview with koeman on there . very interesting interview , good bit about when the southampton players wanted to go to dubai for a mid winter break but he refused and took them to Switzerland for nordic skiing and ice hockey!!

Just don't announce it tomorrow. It's the anniversary of the date they appointed Roberto. (Easy to remember as it's my son's birthday)

doubt it'll be announced this weekend. Maybe, maybe tonight... but can't see it.

Think it'll be Monday. Presser at like 4 or something.

His CV is not attractive, fail in Valencia, AZ and Benfica, long time not got trophy, change club every two years, his success in Southamton is similar to Moyes did, totally not inspire

Maybe we should think POSITIVE! People are complaining before we've even appointed the guy...or given him a fair chance. No, he's not Mourinho but we have to crawl before we walk..and we have to overpay to attract people to the club. Remember when City got taken over? They had to pay silly money to get the players they wanted. Chill, it's not our money anyway.

I heard this sort of talk 3 years ago.. People saying bobby would fail and again people were saying " think positive" if people do t rate him , or don't want him, how can they be positive? And what good does thinking positive do anyway? I think we have paid for a top top manager.... But are receiving an average one that has no loyalty to anyone but himself. He is raping is for wages while using us to try and get a better deal somewhere else. I don't want him, saying that ... My saints supporting mates think he's great but not as great as puchattino

granted he got the sack at valencia, but did he not win the copa del rey there and had a win % of about 43%

The team of Valencia slump to 15th in the league before he was sacked, only two points above the relegation zone, as well as finishing bottom of their CL group. I don`t want our club to win a cup trophy and then relegated.

He was sacked by AZ when the season was only passed 3 months, extremely terrible record.

I heard this sort of talk 3 years ago.. People saying bobby would fail and again people were saying " think positive" if people do t rate him , or don't want him, how can they be positive? And what good does thinking positive do anyway? I think we have paid for a top top manager.... But are receiving an average one that has no loyalty to anyone but himself. He is raping is for wages while using us to try and get a better deal somewhere else. I don't want him, saying that ... My saints supporting mates think he's great but not as great as puchattino
I don't think we can compare the doubts about Bob with the doubts about Ron except to say we are now dining at a higher table and the standards we expect are also higher

The team of Valencia slump to 15th in the league before he was sacked, only two points above the relegation zone, as well as finishing bottom of their CL group. I don`t want our club to win a cup trophy and then relegated.

He was sacked by AZ when the season was only passed 3 months, extremely terrible record.
He's obviously better suited to English football then.

His track record in PL has only 2 years....I don't think it is sufficient to see the whole picture. He is overrated.

I agree with the idea that it isn't a sufficient amount of time.

However, we don't know if he's overrated for the same reason. In many ways, he's completely unproven.

There's no way to definitively say he's either good or bad. All you can do is go on personal instinct, and my first instinct is that he isn't the man for the job. I can't back that up with stats or absolutely anything substantial, but I just think it's a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.