Ronald Koeman

Ronald Koeman...good choice for us?

• yes, he'll get us top 6 and stability

• no, it's uninspiring even if top 6 is back on

• josé on toast

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of our fans make me laugh.. Who the hell do you expect us to be getting as a manager! The negativity baffles me.. Who ever we would of got there would have been plus points and negative points to them

Unai Emery would have sent a statement. A winner for the start of a new era.

Koeman doesn't. It's not a bad appointment; just a middle of the road, uninspiring one for many people.

Once again we've looked down or sideways for a new manager, instead of looking up - I think that's why there's a feeling of disappointment.

I am quite happy. He is ambitious and has a mean streak. His failure in Valencia means little as that
place is dysfunctional. Great job at Soton and a good record in the transfer stakes.

Still, I was happy when we got RM!

Koeman doesn't. It's not a bad appointment; just a middle of the road, uninspiring one for many people.

Once again we've looked down or sideways for a new manager, instead of looking up - I think that's why there's a feeling of disappointment.

A statement to who? We've just landed a manager who every other fan of other clubs laughed at us for trying to get and they all said we had no chance of getting.. Surely that's a statement?

Don't get me wrong but Emery was my first choice but again I could list negatives about him aswell.. Every manager has a risk element to them

Emery might not have been available. Take him out of the equation and who realistically would you rather have? All the top managers have a job

I am happy, did we ever really stand any chance of getting a Mourinho or Emery given the state the club is in right now? Koeman has done a brilliant job at Southampton after seeing his squad decimated twice. He knows the league and has money to spend. Can't wait to see who he signs now.

A statement to who? We've just landed a manager who every other fan of other clubs laughed at us for trying to get and they all said we had no chance of getting.. Surely that's a statement?

Don't get me wrong but Emery was my first choice but again I could list negatives about him aswell.. Every manager has a risk element to them

To everyone. It would have been a statement of intent to the rest of the league, our players, prospective signings and our fans. Psychology is huge in football.

Emery had shocking away form domestically, and definitely had negatives - but for me the purpose of the new manager at this moment in time, with a new billionaire owner who is an unknown quantity, would have been to send the message out we mean business. Emery could have flopped and been sacked in six months and it wouldn't have really bothered me, as the signal of intent would still have been made for what we're looking to do.

We simply haven't done that with Koeman, and for me that is a shame.

I'm as negative as they come but I' coming around to the idea of Koeman.

We couldn't realistically get Mourninho, Emery will have better offers in the future.

De Boer has only worked in Holland and with a team that is favourite in every game. Pelligrini is nearing the end of his career. Moyes would not have been accepted by the fanbase. No other candidates inspired.

Koeman has shown he is able to organise a team. I'm a big fan of stats and his teams are very good at preventing shots on goal and good at creating chances.

The really big appointment will be the director of football role. It is that area (scouting, youth development) that will see us win.

Vault all this stuff today once for review in twelve months.

Vault all this again for review in twenty-four months.

Looks to me that we are still Everton, and that's not a bad thing. I'm a GM lovin' Murrican baseball guy (Hail Theo) and would love to see Monchi here as well. The prospect of unleashing them both with more than a little money and no need to sell gives me something - is that hope? Could be. Hope to see them both holding a scarf skyward soon. It's all just press today - we've seen this stuff go south before, you know.

I'm as negative as they come but I' coming around to the idea of Koeman.

We couldn't realistically get Mourninho, Emery will have better offers in the future.

De Boer has only worked in Holland and with a team that is favourite in every game. Pelligrini is nearing the end of his career. Moyes would not have been accepted by the fanbase. No other candidates inspired.

Koeman has shown he is able to organise a team. I'm a big fan of stats and his teams are very good at preventing shots on goal and good at creating chances.

The really big appointment will be the director of football role. It is that area (scouting, youth development) that will see us win.

I don't have a problem with Koeman in terms of his ability. It's his status in the game which isn't ideal, which is odd saying for a player of his calibre.

I'm sure he'll do fine, but it's a "plucky little Everton" appointment rather than a "we're looking to win titles" one.

Tubey-

Posted yesterday as well. Wanted Emery as well but perhaps we tried like hell to get him and he didn't want to come. No one in this forum I think knows.

If we did try and he didn't want the job what can you do. You can't make home take the job. Of the two people that we could have definitely had bar Koeman. Appear to be Pellegrini and FDB. Any manager by and large will have a bad season or result. Mourhino is a perfect example. Koeman has won trophies. In good leagues as a player and coach. This is a massive step up from Moyes and Martinez. Teams with new money don't just jump to tier one managers. Their is no example I am aware of exist of this. City started with Hughes.

Not having a go at you at all. I don't believe this is settling. This is the manager that our new owners have chosen. They may have shot higher and been turned down. But it is unquestionably a step up and not a sideways appointment

IF it's Koeman, it's a fairly bland, sort of consolidatory appointment, imo.

Still, it's a better choice than De Boer. And that's the best I can say about it, really.

I have to say, I would have expected us to appoint a director of football before appointing a new manager.

They will both work closely together, you want them sharing the same vision. I would of thought the director of football would have had a major say in who the new manager was.

Status
Not open for further replies.