Ronald Koeman...good choice for us?

• yes, he'll get us top 6 and stability

• no, it's uninspiring even if top 6 is back on

• josé on toast

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BbneIGvIgAE5fbp.jpg

He's fine. Would do an OK job. Could do much worse, and he's more proven than De Boer.

Just... not an exciting appointment. He's the type of manager who will attract decent players but that's about it.

That said, he's the perfect "middle ground" between Moyes and Martinez; a pragmatist, but someone who sets up his sides to attack. In that regard, combined with expected investment, we'll be a solid top six side for the two or three years he sticks around, because nothing suggests he's a long term type of manager.

He has obviously made it known that he is open to a move if, by the sound of it we have made some firm of contact. However he may just be firing the open salvos in contact talks with Southampton with who he has only a year left on his contract.

being perfectly honest, i don't think he'd actually leave them for us ... just have that feeling.

He'll definitely leave them. His track record as a player and manager is one that generally indicates he doesn't stick around for long anywhere. He hasn't signed an extension, and that tells me he's on the lookout.

Also, we're obviously an upgrade in Southampton. Take the last two seasons out as a Martinez-led anomaly, and we're a massively bigger club.

I voted yes but I don't like the descriptions. I think he could do more than just stabilise us. I reckon he can crack the top 4 at a club where everyone isn't sold from under his nose and he has more to spend.

Aye, I wanted to edit them actually but can't anymore. But it's fair to say top 6 and stable performances will be what is expected of him, at least initially.

He's fine. Would do an OK job. Could do much worse, and he's more proven than De Boer.

Just... not an exciting appointment. He's the type of manager who will attract decent players but that's about it.

That said, he's the perfect "middle ground" between Moyes and Martinez; a pragmatist, but someone who sets up his sides to attack. In that regard, combined with expected investment, we'll be a solid top six side for the two or three years he sticks around, because nothing suggests he's a long term type of manager.

Agreed. I said in the other thread that once again we're looking to employ a manager who has to step up to our level. Regardless of league positions these last two years I think even Soton fans will agree Everton is a step up for Koeman.

Status
Not open for further replies.