Ronald Koeman

Ronald Koeman...good choice for us?

• yes, he'll get us top 6 and stability

• no, it's uninspiring even if top 6 is back on

• josé on toast

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have shown that we wont be selling when bigger club wants us to sell...he's very impressed about that.

With Moshiri. ....and Koeman on the Helm...everything is back on!

We have shown that we wont be selling when bigger club wants us to sell...he's very impressed about that.

With Moshiri. ....and Koeman on the Helm...everything is back on!

well I'm glad we could impress Ronald...but does he impress us?

Simeone? As in Diego Simeone, La Liga winner and two time Champions league finalist within the last three years?

Put the crack down. At least Jose has no club and wants to manage in England.

Simeone? As in Diego Simeone, La Liga winner and two time Champions league finalist within the last three years?

Put the crack down. At least Jose has no club and wants to manage in England.
It's free to ask.

Would be a side ways move for Everton I think. Not impressed by him really. Should be looking bigger with more upside. If mid table is what we want then yes go for him.

To be fair Southampton isn't that much bigger a club to come from either.

I'm with you: bit underwhelmed but not enough to vote "no"...gone for the rabbit on toast option :cheers:

I would say they are a much bigger club than either Preston or Wigan, Doc.

But that ain't my point.....I am talking about where they are a club are now compared to where Preston and Wigan were at the time we took their managers.

They are above us in the EPL and are probably going to qualify for Europe.

Preston were in the Championship when we took Moyes and Wigan had just been relegated when Bobby left them.

Given the season Saints have had compared to us, it is a measure of Everton's standing in the game that their manager seems to be emerging as favourite to take our job :)

Big, big yes to Koeman. Famous former player and a really good manager. He is such a big name that he has more followers on Twitter than Everton official twitter has.

Koeman is doing an amazing job in Southampton. When he came there their squad was in shambles. He lost 4 best players and a great talent in his first transfer window. Replaced Lambert, Osvaldo, Ramirez, Lallana, Shaw, Lovren, Boruc and Chambers with Pelle, Long, Mane, Tadic, Bertrand, Alderweireld, Forster and Gardos. 4 more points and 13 goals better goal difference than they had under Pochettino. This year Saints have the same number of points as the last year already before the last match even through they currently have 6 goals worse goal difference. Koeman had to replace Alderweireld, Clyne, Schneiderlin, Cork, Mayuka and injured Forster and Gardos - he bought van Dijk, Soares + Martina, Clasie, Romeu, Juanmi (flop) - bought Austin instead of him and loaned in Caulker and Stekelenburg as injury backups. All of this when he has negative net spend of £22million. He brought Targett and Reed to the first team too, gave another few chances to few more youngsters too. That's the reason why I like him even over the likes of Mourinho.

Actually I hope he becomes our new manager. I would love to see one of the best ball playing defenders to teach a thing to John Stones. Would love to see him making our defence existant again - and actually quite good as well, his Soton team was one of the best defensive teams in the league while having a decent attack too.

I am in Koeman camp.

The question is what do Everton have to offer that any number of top 6 clubs in Europe dont?
Not a whole lot at the moment. Lots of uncertainty about who will be here next year player wise. Again, if Everton are aiming for a manager at a club in a similar situation to Everton then enjoy 7-12th. Personally think Everton should focus on someone else from another league.

Status
Not open for further replies.