Ronald Koeman

Ronald Koeman...good choice for us?

• yes, he'll get us top 6 and stability

• no, it's uninspiring even if top 6 is back on

• josé on toast

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Big, big yes to Koeman. Famous former player and a really good manager. He is such a big name that he has more followers on Twitter than Everton official twitter has.

Koeman is doing an amazing job in Southampton. When he came there their squad was in shambles. He lost 4 best players and a great talent in his first transfer window. Replaced Lambert, Osvaldo, Ramirez, Lallana, Shaw, Lovren, Boruc and Chambers with Pelle, Long, Mane, Tadic, Bertrand, Alderweireld, Forster and Gardos. 4 more points and 13 goals better goal difference than they had under Pochettino. This year Saints have the same number of points as the last year already before the last match even through they currently have 6 goals worse goal difference. Koeman had to replace Alderweireld, Clyne, Schneiderlin, Cork, Mayuka and injured Forster and Gardos - he bought van Dijk, Soares + Martina, Clasie, Romeu, Juanmi (flop) - bought Austin instead of him and loaned in Caulker and Stekelenburg as injury backups. All of this when he has negative net spend of £22million. He brought Targett and Reed to the first team too, gave another few chances to few more youngsters too. That's the reason why I like him even over the likes of Mourinho.

Actually I hope he becomes our new manager. I would love to see one of the best ball playing defenders to teach a thing to John Stones. Would love to see him making our defence existant again - and actually quite good as well, his Soton team was one of the best defensive teams in the league while having a decent attack too.

I am in Koeman camp.

You his agent?

That is a splendid testimonial to the man :)

I am convinced.

Ronald.....come on down :dance:

Big, big yes to Koeman. Famous former player and a really good manager. He is such a big name that he has more followers on Twitter than Everton official twitter has.

Koeman is doing an amazing job in Southampton. When he came there their squad was in shambles. He lost 4 best players and a great talent in his first transfer window. Replaced Lambert, Osvaldo, Ramirez, Lallana, Shaw, Lovren, Boruc and Chambers with Pelle, Long, Mane, Tadic, Bertrand, Alderweireld, Forster and Gardos. 4 more points and 13 goals better goal difference than they had under Pochettino. This year Saints have the same number of points as the last year already before the last match even through they currently have 6 goals worse goal difference. Koeman had to replace Alderweireld, Clyne, Schneiderlin, Cork, Mayuka and injured Forster and Gardos - he bought van Dijk, Soares + Martina, Clasie, Romeu, Juanmi (flop) - bought Austin instead of him and loaned in Caulker and Stekelenburg as injury backups. All of this when he has negative net spend of £22million. He brought Targett and Reed to the first team too, gave another few chances to few more youngsters too. That's the reason why I like him even over the likes of Mourinho.

Actually I hope he becomes our new manager. I would love to see one of the best ball playing defenders to teach a thing to John Stones. Would love to see him making our defence existant again - and actually quite good as well, his Soton team was one of the best defensive teams in the league while having a decent attack too.

I am in Koeman camp.

A lot of people don't seem to realise how good of a job he's doing there. That recruitment is very impressive, and he'd only have more ammo as manager of Everton. Agree with your point about Stones too, if he can be convinced to stay, could become the player we know he can be under Koeman.

well I'm glad we could impress Ronald...but does he impress us?

If Moshy wants him Im sold. Big picture in mind.

He might feel a let down especially for those who seriously dreamed about likes of Mourinho. It's all about fit nowadays.

But Lets see...who it will be. Atm it looks like one horse race.

I would say they are a much bigger club than either Preston or Wigan, Doc.

But that ain't my point.....I am talking about where they are a club are now compared to where Preston and Wigan were at the time we took their managers.

They are above us in the EPL and are probably going to qualify for Europe.

Preston were in the Championship when we took Moyes and Wigan had just been relegated when Bobby left them.

Given the season Saints have had compared to us, it is a measure of Everton's standing in the game that their manager seems to be emerging as favourite to take our job :)

aye good post, Khal...indeed Saints are a bigger club than Preston/Wigan and as you say currently outrank us in the table, but Everton's a proper step-up in terms of how big the job is. This is significant for the new manager to be aware of.

Soton share a trophy cabinet with Wigan, both clubs with just that one FA Cup to their name, and they've had those 7 years or so outside the Prem, returning in 2012. They've been very strong since then...Koeman would be a bad loss for them, we'd be hard-pushed to find a Saints fan who'd want Koeman to leave so this can be taken as a good sign for us to bag a highly-regarded manager.

On the other hand I remember Martinez was similarly highly-regarded, where that regard went wrong was in not properly scrutinising his poor league record at Wigan. Where Koeman's concerned it's his messy managerial record in general we should be looking close at: since leaving his homeland he's had 6 manager-posts in 10 years (3 of them back in his homeland).

The question is what do Everton have to offer that any number of top 6 clubs in Europe dont?

new money: it's always an exciting prospect, especially with Man City and Chelsea being the models for it.

if Everton are aiming for a manager at a club in a similar situation to Everton then enjoy 7-12th.

Does feel that way from one angle. The more optimistic angle is that we have this new money so potential is there to do better than 7-12th.

Atm it looks like one horse race.

aye...with De Boer as a back-up 2nd choice. No other real noises in the media.

what do you think about Koeman, Dennis?

He's OK. Not my first choice. I prefer us to work our way from Simeone and Emery downwards. Some might say they are not attainable but we should try. In my mind, Simeone > Emery > Cocu > De Boer > Koeman. Obviously I prefer young up and coming managers over ones like Pellegrini. Mourinho gets kicked down because of his tenure issues.

I would definitely have Koeman on the list, but certainly not at the top, and perhaps not even in the top 5.

Koeman could do a job getting us back up fighting for a Europa spot, somewhere in say the top 7. I wouldn't, however, expect him to be capable of anything more than that.

His managerial record is concerning to me. The biggest support for him seems to be in regard to his wise spending at Southampton and his ability to compete at a higher level than what might be expected from those players. That shows me he is a Moyes bargain buyer, not necessarily someone who is capable of handling a large transfer fund to build a squad ready to fight for a top 4 spot.

Then again, I've hardly followed his managerial career closely, so I'd love to hear more about why so many support the idea of him coming in. Right now, though, I'd be highly disappointed. And since it sounds like he's our top target and has a good chance of being the next manager, I don't want to be disappointed when it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.