Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not true mate. You're mistake is once you consider yourself a fan. Customers is another hated word. It's transitory in nature. Supporters are long term. We have more power than you can imagine, sure we're not a unified front and who'd want that to be honest. That's what makes us Evertonians, like Catholic with a small c. It separates us from the heathens across the park.

Let me ask you this question? Say there's a march down Goodison Road with Kenwright Out banners or Martinez Out for that matter, initially sure it would be laughed at initially. Graffiti on Goodison Park and on Martinez's garage. Contempt would be the response etc..Do it repeatedly and people start paying attention. It's not funny anymore or a symbol of ridicule. Questions start to get asked.

Thankfully it won't come to that for various reasons but don't underestimate your power for change as an individual or as a collective.
Im overreacting a bit...cause of fume pal

It's not knee jerk mate, he has to be sacked now because it's the right thing to for everyone concerned.
What I mean is 2 days before a semi final would be knee jerk, bad form or not. He clearly is not getting through the game but people would think we were sacking him off the back of the Derby alone without context

It was said last night, Liverpool saw their team play poorly in the Derby and didn't think it was good enough and promptly sacked their manager. We are actually going to keep going under ours after last night!

And people got angry when benitez called us a small club. If we can't take any pride in a Derby game then no wonder we are where we are.

Exactly this.

Lukaku showed up with a right face on him.

Stones. Looks uninterested.

They're getting off lightly to say the least

....or they're utterly bereft of passion and confidence upon having it drained from them via a management team without neither sense nor idea and of questionable ability?

Think it might be that y'know.

You don't become a BAD footballer in a short space of time, you don't lose natural ability...

But if you're a terrible manager and refuse to learn and adapt then...guess what...you remain a terrible manager.

And he is consistent.

I'm ashamed to be a blue today. Imagine that, just before a semi-final....ashamed.

....or they're utterly bereft of passion and confidence upon having it drained from them via a management team without neither sense nor idea and of questionable ability?

Think it might be that y'know.

You don't become a BAD footballer in a short space of time, you don't lose natural ability...

But if you're a terrible manager and refuse to learn and adapt then...guess what...you remain a terrible manager.

And he is consistent.

I'm ashamed to be a blue today. Imagine that, just before a semi-final....ashamed.

You can have all the natural ability in the world.

If you don't have the attitude to use it you'll go nowhere.

Seeing as Davek isn't here, I'll fill the giant orange shaped hole with what he'd probably be saying

- That defeat wasn't Martinez's fault, it was the fault of the clueless players who couldn't carry out his awesome tactical innovations well enough

- The supporters were also at fault for not being loud/passionate/patient (delete where appropriate) enough

- 72 Points

- We're in a Semi Final, so League results don't matter

- David Moyes got us to a Cup Final and had us finishing in the top half of the table, he was a bad manager

- Roberto Martinez has got us to a Semi Final but has us finishing in the bottom half, he's a good manager

- 72 Points

- Roberto has to stay because he has us playing the best football in the history of all time. The football is amazing and we should all be praising the ground Martinez walks on for bringing great togger back to the Goodison Park

- We don't have a problem with defending, and anyone who says otherwise is a disloyal plotter

- People only want Martinez gone because they are a bunch of knee jerk and entitled cry arses bothered by the fact we got destroyed by Liverpool in humiliating fashion. It has nothing to do with over 18 months of bad performances and poor tactics

- 72 Points, 72 Points, 72 Point, 72 POINTS!!!

Have I missed anything?

Celtic simply announced that Deila will be leaving at the end of the season. This gives him time to try and win the League after very poor performances in Europe and against Rangers but also makes sure everyone knows there is a new manager coming for next season.

An announcement such as this today about RM would take the pressure and toxicity out of the situation for RM, players and fans, and allow us to concentrate on Saturday knowing that he will not be manager next season.

Its a concern for me that the club will not act. It may be knee jerk to sack him after last night but you can clearly see its just not going to improve. The biggest game of the season and that's where we are as a team? The funny thing is, the performances have been poor for a good while now, anyone good have beaten us and anyone poor we have hung on against.

All I want to see now is the club act, if it's not today then Sunday. Either way sack him and tell us you aren't happy either. Waiting until the end of the season would be insulting to fans who pay their hard earned money to watch this team.
If we go into the semi with Martinez in charge we will lose as the players clearly arent arsed with him
The only way to have a chance of winning is to sack him
Hes had his chance for nearly 2 seasons of utter garbage and relegation class football

Can't believe the players are getting such an easy ride. Some of them have just stopped playing, maybe it's because they don't want to play for Martinez but at least have some pride.

I mentioned it last night, but it was if the players were told to have a go for the first 20 minutes, and if we hadn't scored to then sit deep, keep it tight, and try and catch them on the break.

We were well in the game that first 20 minutes, getting forward at pace, Mirallas was looking dangerous, and then all of a sudden we just dropped really deep, it wasn't as if the RS had gone up a couple of gears and were pushing us back as well.

The other telling thing is when we did start dropping deeper, Martinez just stood there, arms folded.

Something else happened last night that is unforgivable, we made Sakho look like Maldini.

Im overreacting a bit...cause of fume pal

No problem brother. Normally I'm mister reasonable but after last night, (not on a football field).

I was a fire breathing, frothing monster. And I expected us to to be beat. Which in itself is a shameful admission at that place. Respect mate.

Sad thing is I spend more time going over Everton sites than I do my job. After all these years you'd think I wouldn't get wound up. Hurts deep, like you I just want the best.

You've just literally said it would be a miracle for it to come together? Phase one of what?

Managers like Kendall and Ferguson had similar experiences with the clubs they went onto have their greatest success, however, it would be miracle if this turns out to be any success! Phase one, will be a trophy, the mere appearance at Wembley means nothing and if that's are our only appearance on Saturday he will go, im pretty certain of that.

Celtic simply announced that Deila will be leaving at the end of the season. This gives him time to try and win the League after very poor performances in Europe and against Rangers but also makes sure everyone knows there is a new manager coming for next season.

An announcement such as this today about RM would take the pressure and toxicity out of the situation for RM, players and fans, and allow us to concentrate on Saturday knowing that he will not be manager next season.
Might even pick the players up and they could play for him again if they know he won't be here.

A send off for Roberto, win a trophy and look forward to the new season with someone ambitious

Or we could pretend this is still all OK and good enough

I mentioned it last night, but it was if the players were told to have a go for the first 20 minutes, and if we hadn't scored to then sit deep, keep it tight, and try and catch them on the break.

We were well in the game that first 20 minutes, getting forward at pace, Mirallas was looking dangerous, and then all of a sudden we just dropped really deep, it wasn't as if the RS had gone up a couple of gears and were pushing us back as well.

The other telling thing is when we did start dropping deeper, Martinez just stood there, arms folded.

Something else happened last night that is unforgivable, we made Sakho look like Maldini.

We made the whole of their back line look like the Milan side of the early 90's mate. Only Everton could do that.

I watched it again last night and the drop off the pressing was alarming. I could only come to the conclusion that they aren't fit enough or certain players have been run into the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.