Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is still in charge by close of play today does anyone hold out any hope whatsoever for the cup semi-final. At this minute I think we'll be lucky to keep the score down to 4.
I'm sickened by what Martinez said about last night, he's embarrassed, worse teams than Liverpool have beaten us. He shouldn't be embarrassed, everyone seen this coming. It is time he realised that this is the team he created, he has put together, it is a bottom half team that is not capable of competing against the likes of average teams like Liverpool.
As for the players, there is no excuse for not playing to the best of your abilities, however I have some sympathy for their situation, they don't believe in what they are being asked to do and when they complain they are made look like little boys. Baines didn't deserve what Martinez done to him.
I see nothing good in his management style for a big club, the only place he is taking us is relegation. We have talked about getting rid of the dead wood, we shouldn't be too hasty, we might need them when our better players leave the Dinkins ship, albeit a phenomenal sinking ship.
NO please sack him this morning.

What I mean is 2 days before a semi final would be knee jerk, bad form or not. He clearly is not getting through the game but people would think we were sacking him off the back of the Derby alone without context

It was said last night, Liverpool saw their team play poorly in the Derby and didn't think it was good enough and promptly sacked their manager. We are actually going to keep going under ours after last night!

And people got angry when benitez called us a small club. If we can't take any pride in a Derby game then no wonder we are where we are.

Problem is though mate, we are going into a semi final where the manager has lost the fans and the players.

Martinez has to go, so maybe if the club were thinking along those lines, then a good idea might be to come out and say that at the end of the season, by mutual consent, Martinez will be leaving, it might just gee everyone up a bit.

Everyone should be on a huge high going into an fa cup semi - final, the reality is that the whole Wembley thing is one huge downer for nearly everyone concerned, even me, and up to a few weeks ago I backed Martinez to the hilt.

Can't believe the players are getting such an easy ride. Some of them have just stopped playing, maybe it's because they don't want to play for Martinez but at least have some pride.
true that,how any of them(may be not Robles) cannot be ashamed of themselves this morning after there performance.
It was unprofessional, amateur and was on par with a load of hung over fellas on a Sunday morning trying to play football,after telling everybody how good they were last night when pissed,then realizing they are unfit, not organised , confused, no passion and a few feeling a bit green and trying not to spew up, and are going to get a hiding after the first five minutes, so run around a bit hoping nobody actually gives them the ball or even goes anywhere near them, so at the end they can say i put a shift in but nobody was up for it except for me no wonder we got beat, and i am looking for a better team.
Next week at training , all fired up for 5 minutes ,gets fed up chats about work, new car, kids, woman while some soft get who thinks he is the new Alf Ramsey , barks nonsense on the side lines, that he things makes him look like a master of the art of football tactics, while everybody thinks he is a tit, and only put up with him because he collects the dues, goes the league meetings , washes the kit and sorts the end of season prize giving piss up .
Everton played like a Sunday league side and managed like one.
No disrespect to the lads who play in Sunday league or manage in it as most do a good job,on and off the pitch.;)

Last edited:

If we go into the semi with Martinez in charge we will lose as the players clearly arent arsed with him
The only way to have a chance of winning is to sack him
Hes had his chance for nearly 2 seasons of utter garbage and relegation class football

If the players can't be arsed for the semi final all the blame lies with them. Apart from Lukaku do any of them look capable of having careers where playing in semifinals is the norm?

If he is still in charge by close of play today does anyone hold out any hope whatsoever for the cup semi-final. At this minute I think we'll be lucky to keep the score down to 4.
I'm sickened by what Martinez said about last night, he's embarrassed, worse teams than Liverpool have beaten us. He shouldn't be embarrassed, everyone seen this coming. It is time he realised that this is the team he created, he has put together, it is a bottom half team that is not capable of competing against the likes of average teams like Liverpool.
As for the players, there is no excuse for not playing to the best of your abilities, however I have some sympathy for their situation, they don't believe in what they are being asked to do and when they complain they are made look like little boys. Baines didn't deserve what Martinez done to him.
I see nothing good in his management style for a big club, the only place he is taking us is relegation. We have talked about getting rid of the dead wood, we shouldn't be too hasty, we might need them when our better players leave the Dinkins ship, albeit a phenomenal sinking ship.
NO please sack him this morning.

Martinez doesn't deserve one more game in charge of this football club. Today he should be relieved of his duties. If not then I hold the board accountable along with the manager and three players. Today they have the chance to show us that mediocrity is not acceptable for our football club.

Martinez doesn't deserve one more game in charge of this football club. Today he should be relieved of his duties. If not then I hold the board accountable along with the manager and three players. Today they have the chance to show us that mediocrity is not acceptable for our football club.

I thought we were aspiring to mediocrity

Seeing as Davek isn't here, I'll fill the giant orange shaped hole with what he'd probably be saying

- That defeat wasn't Martinez's fault, it was the fault of the clueless players who couldn't carry out his awesome tactical innovations well enough

- The supporters were also at fault for not being loud/passionate/patient (delete where appropriate) enough

- 72 Points

- We're in a Semi Final, so League results don't matter

- David Moyes got us to a Cup Final and had us finishing in the top half of the table, he was a bad manager

- Roberto Martinez has got us to a Semi Final but has us finishing in the bottom half, he's a good manager

- 72 Points

- Roberto has to stay because he has us playing the best football in the history of all time. The football is amazing and we should all be praising the ground Martinez walks on for bringing great togger back to the Goodison Park

- We don't have a problem with defending, and anyone who says otherwise is a disloyal plotter

- People only want Martinez gone because they are a bunch of knee jerk and entitled cry arses bothered by the fact we got destroyed by Liverpool in humiliating fashion. It has nothing to do with over 18 months of bad performances and poor tactics

- 72 Points, 72 Points, 72 Point, 72 POINTS!!!

Have I missed anything?

You miss out 1. 5th and 15th in the league is the same. 2. GD trophy +4 or +5 means we should be finishing 6th. 3. The away form league table.

Worth noting how many abject performances we've witnessed over the last year under the clown

6-3 against Chelsea
3-0 against Swansea in the Cup
3-0 against Southampton
2-0 Against Southampton
2-0 against Hull
2-0 against Stoke
2-0 against Sunderland
2-0 against Arsenal
2-0 Against Arsenal Again
4-0 Against Liverpool
2-0 Against Man City
3-0 Against Manchester United