Match Thread Everton Vs Manchester City - Capital One Cup - Semi Final 1st Leg - Wednesday 6th January - 20:00 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
....just checked the betting and the bookies still fancy City to get through. The Pool are short priced favourites to win the cup, followed by City and then 4-1 us. If you truly think it will be a Stoke/Everton final the bookies are giving you 14-1.

....lots in the Echo about post match brawls in Priory Rd, a City fan apparently spitting at women and another confronting an old man. I thought those days had gone, very sad.

The days of newspapers exaggerating minor incidents for clicks? Nah still in those days but I do agree it's very sad indeed.

Northwest Tonight on BBC before - Everton won against "an out of sorts City side". Well that explains it then, Everton were rubbish but City were worse. Do these people actually watch the game or just make things up?

Well anyone who's going out of their way to intimidate someone else at a sporting event is obviously an idiot. The only thing you can hope for is that they either mature or get what they deserve; a slap of someone biggger than them, or a knock on the door from the bobbies!

Anyway, I'm going to stop posting on here for today. I feel I've over stayed my welcome haha. In reference to my earlier post, it genuinely wasn't meant to be a wind up, just my honest assesment of the game and what I think will happen in the next leg!

Let's wait and see. Whoever goes through in our semi, I'll be cheering on in the final.
I love the way you have adopted the United idea of singing a song for every single player.

Shows you have upped you game and got to the big time.

Northwest Tonight on BBC before - Everton won against "an out of sorts City side". Well that explains it then, Everton were rubbish but City were worse. Do these people actually watch the game or just make things up?

I hate this. Its the same with MOTD. The media cannot accept for once that Everton put on an excellent performance and managed to beat City. If you weigh up the comparative values of our squads then we should have been beaten without a doubt. We weren't. Everyone of our players turned up, put in a shift and beat City comfortably. This 'out of sorts City' rubbish does my head in. They wanted to win as much as us...they just didn't. Plucky little Everton eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.