Match Thread Everton Vs Manchester City - Capital One Cup - Semi Final 1st Leg - Wednesday 6th January - 20:00 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
The feeling that there is an agenda, either from the refs as a whole or the media, seems to effect all team supporters (unfortunately we aren't immune either), regardless of size - bizarre isn't it?!

Although if anything the richer teams seem to complain even more - Mourinho's "ref conspiracy" from last season for example was eagerly adopted by the Chelsea fans. Costa got booked because he made a habit of getting into trouble and got a reputation, nothing to do with any organised vendetta.

Random chance and ineptitude seem to often be mistaken for nefarious outside meddling.

Spot on. I am a ref (albeit it amateur on not active this season) and overwhelmingly there is 99% more influence from the XI on the pitch than anything else.

Reputation is a factor though, and although it's earned more often than not through a pattern of behaviour that's more frequent than around other players - it doesn't help. Is anyone 'confident' in Howard before a game? I am - but the bashing he gets on here will affect certain fans who then yell at him and so it goes on.

As another example the Mourinho comment is bang on above... He went a long way to his own undoing this year, (albeit I thought he looked out of sorts even last season at times ad for me blatantly returned for the Utd job which he's still sniffing around). I wouldn't touch him or Giggs as Manager - the latter being another example of reputation like Zidane at Real! What have they actually delivered as managers. Madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.